Thread: Unethical practice - Sunrise Hyundai, Patparganj, New Delhi

Respected Member
    Thanks

Unethical practice - Sunrise Hyundai, Patparganj, New Delhi

Folks,
    Although this is slightly different than FIAT but wanted to warn some or prospective Hyundai buyers to be careful of this dealer due to it's malpractises.

I share the incident that happened with my uncle (chachaji) Mr. Vennet Kumar Jain fow which this is needed.

1. He booked Santro on 30 July after paying Rs 5000/-. He took delivery on 14 August. He got an invoice dated 30 July itself (reduced warranty, vehicle is older on paper and loss of better deal of August)
    2. He was charged for an ex-showroom cost of 3.84L, however he got invoice of 3.27 as discounts were adjusted. This meant less VAT payed to government. (nothing passed to customer). However he was charged for 3.84 and remaining amount receipt was given as debit note.
    3. Insurance was done at ex-showroom value of 3.84 minus 5% whereas not sure if any insurance company pays more than invoice value in case of total loss. (means more premium paid without any return)
    4. He was charged for registration and road tax at ex-showroom value. (more money deposited to govt for no need).
    5. Bank Loan has been done on basis of Performa Invoice of Rs 3.84L only. (Customer becomes a defaulter for bank at wrong invoice now)
    6. He was offered Rs 10000/- for his old car but actually paid Rs 7500/-
    7. Was offered free accessories of Rs 12000/- but all were billed to him in books.
    8. Dealer has now given in writing that warranty starts from delivery date and not invoice date. Not sure if thi is valid across Hyundai dealerships.
    9. Many officials in Sunrise Hyundai were contacted like Mr. Rachit, Mr. Khan, Mr. Neeraj but all declined to do anything. Owner Mr. Aman Munjal/Mr. Ravi Seth refused to meet least resolve the issue.10. Hyundai official like Mr. Vishal (RM) and Mr. Sudhir (TSM) were contacted several times on phone and personally. They declared helpless against this dealer. Final advice from them: go to consumer court, we can not help against this dealer.

Myself and Anupam went to resolve and close on the issues but this also did not help.

Sunrise people also challenged to go to Sales tax department or any level of escalation within Hyundai or consumer court.

In this deal we have lost ~20K INR.

Only request was to refund the access with the correct invoice of 3.84L (amount which was charged and eventually paid).

Till then I would advice to deal with cautiously or stay away from this dealer.

Thanks & Regards

Thanks
    Thanked 1,093 Times in 497 Posts
    Oh this is terrible. Thanks for throwing caution to fellow members on the same. Hope someone in Hyundai will wake up and come to your help
    Anandh

1960 FIAT Select | 1962 FIAT Super Select | 1964 Ambassador | 2003 FIAT Palio S10 |2011 FIAT Linea 1.3 E+ | 2015 FIAT Linea Dynamic

Respected Member
    Thanks
    Please write a mail to Hyundai president/vp etc. There is a thread on teambhp started by Jaggu where the email details are provided. I am sure there will be swift response. Did u check the VIN and see the manufacturing date? I have a suspicion that this was a year old vehicle on which the depreciation should have been passed on to your friend.

Thanks
    This is not good practice from a dealer. But, do remember that some dealers are more worse than this and we have lot of case studies of affected customers. Hyundai always takes the feedback from customer very seriously. Shoot a mail at the following link with your issues.

http://www.hyundai.com/in/en/Custome...ales/index.htm

Respected Member
    Thanks
    Thanks folks.

We had written to Hyundai twice and both times the issue has been closed stating dealer has resolved without dealer even giving a call. I guess the head of customer satisfaction is on long vacation.

This has to be deep rooted else how can Hyundai executives in chit chat show helplessness against this matter knowing their brand is at stake.

I found the thread at team-bhp:
    http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...actices-8.html

But not sure something will work. Let's see.

Regds