Thread: 2 Din LCD For Fiat punto 90Hp

Thanks

2 Din LCD For Fiat punto 90Hp

Hi Guys,

This is Kannan from chennai. I have FIAT punto 90hp Emotion model, I plan to set 2 DIN LCD by replacing exiting default MP3 player,Technician says this replacement will not affect anything in head unit and Bluetooth is there in their 2 DIN set itself and they have a circute to connect with steering mount so i will not loose steering mount control also... but i am bit worried even i wish a lot to fit LCD since i will miss BLUE & ME option...Will it affect anything on head UNIT? will i lose any warranty ?

Also technician says that, we can not fit 2 DIN 7 inch LCD there by replacing exiting system since the size of existing playes is small so the unit panel itself should be changed accordingly and says ..this will not affect AC controls. I don't know how the outcome would be : but i am really interested to fit ...

Looking for suggestion & ideas ....!

Thanks in advance..
    Kannan

Thanks
    First Question - Why do you want to have Double DIN player?

Any 2 dins without Navigation just doesn't make any sense to me. Also, note that 2 Dins will not fit into Punto. But, it seems like Technokrat have done some installation in Linea.

see this.

Name:  Linea Dual Din.jpg
Views: 462
Size:  53.1 KB

Done by - http://www.tecnokrat.com/

Thanks
    Hi Ramesh,

Thanks a lot for you kind help on this ...basically i am interested to put 7 inch LCD and consulted with few shops at GP road and they all said that roof fix & Dashboard mount can not be done for Punto since the dashboard is bit hard and roof is in cloth for Punto,then it will get shake too if we mount on Dashboard while driving so there is no option except this for Punto ..., My need is a 7inch LCD since my 4 years old daughter is keep asking TV whenever we go for a long drive ..,

Technician said there are models available with navigation too..Is there any other good model you know ? Is there any other options to fulfill instead of 7inch LCD ? what would be good option for my need.. ? if you have any idea kindly let me know..

I have called Techno and they said they have fitted for many Punto's but not for top end model but they confirmed that they can fit,so planned to go there tomorrow to have a look how they have finished for other Punto ,will update you status tomorrow..

Thanks a lot for input Ramesh...
    Last edited by joykannan_msit; 11-26-2012 at 12:05 AM.
    'My 90Hp - A Speed Camera Testing Vehicle

Thanks
    Don't forget to update the thread, for retaining the steering controls ask them to use "connect 2" interface for punto.
    Good luck with the upgrade.
    Regards
    Vivek

pEOPLE dON'T fA!L , tHEY g!VE uP

Thanks

Re: 2 Din LCD For Fiat punto 90Hp

Hi Kannan,

Did you finally install 2DIN system? I am also planning to install on my punto.

Your feedback will be helpful.

Regards,
    Prem

Quote Originally Posted by joykannan_msit View Post
    Hi Ramesh,

Thanks a lot for you kind help on this ...basically i am interested to put 7 inch LCD and consulted with few shops at GP road and they all said that roof fix & Dashboard mount can not be done for Punto since the dashboard is bit hard and roof is in cloth for Punto,then it will get shake too if we mount on Dashboard while driving so there is no option except this for Punto ..., My need is a 7inch LCD since my 4 years old daughter is keep asking TV whenever we go for a long drive ..,

Technician said there are models available with navigation too..Is there any other good model you know ? Is there any other options to fulfill instead of 7inch LCD ? what would be good option for my need.. ? if you have any idea kindly let me know..

I have called Techno and they said they have fitted for many Punto's but not for top end model but they confirmed that they can fit,so planned to go there tomorrow to have a look how they have finished for other Punto ,will update you status tomorrow..

Thanks a lot for input Ramesh...