Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 363738394041

Thread: Any Issues People Facing in Fiat Palio 1.9D

Thanks

Re: Any Issues People Facing in Fiat Palio 1.9D

Quote Originally Posted by fiachr View Post
    I replaced the alternator pulley (it is called clutch pulley) in my palio 1.9D recently. There used to be a metallic sound like "tik tik" intermittently which became more prominent and regular recently. This can be heard near the right wheel arch (driver side) when you bend down close to the tyre. The other symptoms were excessive vibrations on the steering wheel, noisy engine, poor charging of battery (though this is not seen in the dashboard light) but starting used to be difficult with long cranking, poor driveability in low rpm. I could get the original part (INA make) and replace only the pulley, costs around 4200/-. It was a tough job to remove the pulley and bosch auto electrical service centre did a good job. Labor was 750/- to replace the pulley and service the alternator. Alternator make is Denso.

All that noise, vibrations and starting problem is gone now. Car is running much smoother now. If you have these symptoms it is worth looking at this clutch pulley of the alternator if it needs a replacement. Usually the life of it is around 50k to 60k km. Of course you should ensure the auxiliary belt and related tensioner are fine before looking at the clutch pulley. FYI I don't think the petrol palios, like my S10, has this clutch pulley in the alternator but a simple pulley.

Regards,
    Hi Fiachr,
    Can you please confirm what all parts have to be removed to change the alternator pulley and how many bolts are holding alternator? Please do share some photographs if any!

Thanks,
    Siva

- - - - - Updated - - - - -

Hi All,

In Palio 1.9D, Intake Manifold will have a union hose connected to a AirFilter box tube. Is it normal that some oil will come from Intake Manifold and enter into this union hose? I am wondering where this oil will go!

Thanks,
    Siva

Thanks

Guys, I need your urgent help to rejuvenate my black pearl(Palio 1.9D) ASAP.
    Let me explain the condition of the car....
    1) Engine oil leakage from engine and consumption(combustion) of engine oil. For every 2000-3000KMS top-up needed.
    2) Bluish black smoke from exhaust as well as dip stick vent
    3) drop in the power, sluggish acceleration.
    4) No sign of check engine, ECM alright, fuel supply line OK.

Everything was fine untill one day one of the dummies(hard to reach) got blown; so went to the mechanic to sort out the issue. Well this was the third dummy which got blown away in the span of 2 years.
    Mechanic said, he needs to remove the engine, alternator etc in order to work with it(due to space constraint). After lathe machining and putting the parts all together the car simply doesn't start whatsoever. It was hugely surprising for me becoz prior to this issue the engine came to life swiftly(needed only one key turn).
    After getting diagnosed by 3-4 local mechanics the report says that the engine needs to be overhauled or the engine timing has gone dead. Remember the engine wont start a bit even after consuming the whole battery power and even if it starts it lives for only 3-5 seconds and dies.

I'm ready to do whatever possible to bring back this elegant beauty back to life coz I simply can't n won't like to lose her.
    contacts of Genuine fiat mechanics in Hyderabad(as I live in Hyderabad) is highly welcome.
    Any help from the experienced doctors of fiat palio is highly needed and much obliged.

THANK YOU.

Thanks

I owned a 1.9D too. If its complicated and the local mechanic cannot solve it, request you to check with the company itself. At least they will tell you what exactly could be the cause. After that it would be your decision to get it fixed with them or the local mechanic.
    Unfortunately I am from Bangalore and hence can't suggest any mechanics from Hyderabad.

Sent from my YU5010A using Tapatalk
    Devil Jr

Palio Stile 1.6 Sports (Beloved)
    Palio 1.9D (1st Love)

Thanks

You may also google and check the general cause for 'bluish black smoke'. You will get your answer, which may not be a good one.

Sent from my YU5010A using Tapatalk
    Devil Jr

Palio Stile 1.6 Sports (Beloved)
    Palio 1.9D (1st Love)

Thanks

Hello mr vasanth im from hyderabad i also own a 1.9D beast, i just baught it a month ago, i hav been facing a problem while starting the engine like for the first time when i crank the engine the pump check light stays on and the RPM rises to 1100 and the accelerator pedal go's dead while after few seconds when i put off the engine and start it again then everything go's well and another problem is that when the car is ib drive while shifting the gear the engine remains to stay little rezed and then becomes normal this happens every time i shift the gear. Hope i would get a propes solution for this from you!!! Thank you sir!

- - - - - Updated - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vasanth View Post
    Hi Everybody,

Whoever facing problems in Fiat palio 1.9D can contact me for the solution as good as possible.

Fuel Pump issue, starting problem, over heating, high rev, high vibration, etc, Since i have made my Plaio 1.9D to a perfect condition from the scratch and have faced lots and lots of problems and were solved on keep reading the internet Forums which is Indian, UK and Italian websites. And few critical things were solved by own. Now my car is rocking in the road. I want to paint it that why i didn't post any of the photo of my car very soon it will be posted.

Regards,
    Vasanth.
    hello mr vasanth im from hyderabad i also own a 1.9D 2003 model which i baught just a month ago, im facing a starting problem with the engine as for the first time when i crank the engine the pump check light remains on and the accelerator pedal go's dead, tgen when i start the engine for the second time after a few seconds tgen every thing go's well n good the second problen im facing is while the care is on drive the engine remains to be raized for a few seconds whilr changing the gears this happens for every time i change the gear, hope i get a solution for this from you sir.. Thank you so mucj

Super Admin
    Thanks

Dear Khan Sir,

Sorry for delay in response,

Well the issue that you are telling is a common known problem of Palio 1.9 d,

Known as FIP issue- well you have three resolutions for the same

1. FIP Calibration from Bosch Denso costing close to 25 k
    2. Use of Ford 1.8 D pump - mechanical pump
    3. Refer to the starting page of Thread- you can do an inhouse fix for FIP
    4. Drive the car as it - can also be adopted as a temporary counter measure

Let me know in case you need more information for the same.

Thanks & Regards
    Anupam
    The ball is made to roll when the world has withdrawn the desire & above all the will - that's about the torchbearer known as me

Thanks

Hi Vasanth Ji,

I recently encountered a problem with my fiat palio 1.9 D engine as temperature needle was racing towards red. Searching for right mechanic I located someone and I found him to be reliable fellow. He is suspecting 2 issues 1. thermostat malfunction OR 2. Burnt Engine Gasket and was advised to replace thermostat valve. Please do confirm If his guess is right else guide me through the process please. If above reasons are true, what would be the cost of replacement. Your swift reply is highly appreciable.

Regards
    Samuel

Thanks

Please check if the primary fan kicks in when car over half mark if not then Prolly the fan relay is kaput, also turn the AC and observe after some time if the secondary ac fan kicks in this will surely reduce the temperature, happened in my friends palio 1.9d, we got relay removed and cleaned it with contact cleaner and re installed it, works amazingly well. My 2 cents. Hasan hyderabad.

Sent from my Redmi 3S using Tapatalk

Thanks

Hi everyone,
    I am from Coimbatore and have bought a 1.9D elx (2004) last year.
    It's an excellent car!
    But for the past month, I have been facing starting problem.
    Occasionally the engine won't start.
    It cranks. But won't start.
    I tried to switch on and off few times then it would start.
    It's fitted with Ford ikon mechanical pump.
    But recently the glow plug light keeps blinking. And suddenly the ignition goes off and the car becomes blank. After a lot of attempts, the car starts again.
    The frequency of this is increasing.
    Can someone suggest a solution.
    Is it electrical issue?
    Thanks in advance!

Respected Member
    Thanks

Dear Arunji,
    "It cranks. But won't start." - for this cause the systematic investigation I made and resolved is narrated in well detail in the below mentioned thread/post

http://www.myfiatworld.in/showthread...t=Navin+Talati
    http://www.myfiatworld.in/showthread...t=Navin+Talati

please go through the content and let we laa know the result in your case.

Thanks and regards.

navin Talati /18-10-2017

Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 363738394041