Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Vishwaroopam - Why all this fuss?

Thanks

Vishwaroopam - Why all this fuss?

I have watched this movie and my short review is here - http://www.myfiatworld.in/showthread...ll=1#post13353

Regarding the controversy, I haven't felt any scene in the movie to be offensive to any community. In fact, there is no reference or portrayal of any community from India.

Moved all the posts related to Vishroopam controversy to this thread.

Thanks

Vishwaroopam - Why all this fuss?

I feel so bad that I didn't watched the movie when it was telecasted on AIRTEL digital TV. I thought I will watch it in theater but never expected such a controversy. Hope the controversy will be over and the movie will be available in India.
    GP 1.4E (2010 October)
    Travelogues: Panhala /Malvan / Mahabaleswar My ownership thread

Thanks
    It's hightime Kamal Hassan shifted to Hollywood so that we could enjoy watching his English movies without any hurdles.

There is no India anywhere in the movie.
    My son mentioned that a title-card announcing Viswaroopam2 will continue in India was shown in the last scene when Omar escapes in a plane; it seems, Kamal Hassan has already shot Viswaroopam 2 too!

Quote Originally Posted by V Sunilkumar View Post
    I feel so bad that I didn't watched the movie when it was telecasted on AIRTEL digital TV.
    DTH premiere of the movie has been cancelled due to protest by the exhibitors. I don't think any DTH operator has announced the fresh dates for its telecast.
    XUV 500 W8 FWD OPULENT PURPLE [30 DEC 2013] . THUNDERBIRD 500 TWILIGHT [FROM 15 APRIL 2013]
    Leh . NE&Bhutan . HP

Respected Member
    Thanks
    Awaiting eagerly.
    Felt 500/- was too much to watch on Airtel DTH when it was released on 10th Jan 2013. Should have spent that money. May be will watch in Delhi this weekend when I will be travelling there.
    Vijay Pratap Singh

Fiat Palio 1.9 D ELX || Color: Silver || Registered In: Feb 2006 || ODO - 80K || Currently Owned
    Honda Activa || Color: Golden || Registered In: Dec 2012 || ODO - 900 || Currently Owned

You never see further than your headlights, but you can make the whole trip that way!!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
    Thanks, Ramesh. My daughter says, Viswaroopam is released in Melbourne and running to packed houses. My son called me to inform that he enjoyed watching that movie at Urvashi, Bangalore. Poor souls in TN and Pondy missed such an awesome movie. It's hightime Kamal Hassan shifted to Hollywood so that we could enjoy watching his English movies without any hurdles.

My son mentioned that a title-card announcing Viswaroopam2 will continue in India was shown in the last scene when Omar escapes in a plane; it seems, Kamal Hassan has already shot Viswaroopam 2 too!
    Agree Ravi Ji. It will be a loss for India if Kamal moves over to Hollywood. Nothing more to say.

That's right that at the end they show that Viswaroopam 2 will continue in India. But, I didn't know that he has already shot that too.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by vijay.sikarwar View Post
    Awaiting eagerly.
    Felt 500/- was too much to watch on Airtel DTH when it was released on 10th Jan 2013. Should have spent that money. May be will watch in Delhi this weekend when I will be travelling there.
    I doubt if it was released in DTH. The charge was fixed at Rs. 1000 not 500.

Respected Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramesh View Post
    Rightly said Ramesh..It was 1000/- for Tamil version & 500/- for Hindi. Since I can't understand Tamil I wanted to watch in Hindi. Till 9th Jan they were promoting it on Airtel DTH. Didn't track if it was released or not on TV.
    Vijay Pratap Singh

Fiat Palio 1.9 D ELX || Color: Silver || Registered In: Feb 2006 || ODO - 80K || Currently Owned
    Honda Activa || Color: Golden || Registered In: Dec 2012 || ODO - 900 || Currently Owned

You never see further than your headlights, but you can make the whole trip that way!!

Thanks
    The proposed charges were,Name:  rupee-symbol.gif
Views: 1290
Size:  578 Bytes1000 for Tamil vesion and Name:  rupee-symbol.gif
Views: 1290
Size:  578 Bytes500 for Hindi/Telugu versions in the DTH premiere, which was cancelled subsequently.
    XUV 500 W8 FWD OPULENT PURPLE [30 DEC 2013] . THUNDERBIRD 500 TWILIGHT [FROM 15 APRIL 2013]
    Leh . NE&Bhutan . HP

Thanks
    Thanked 1,301 Times in 721 Posts
    the release has been postponed to Feb 1st but now the movie itself banned hence DTH release has been further postponed.

charges initially were 1000 for Tamil and 500 for other language, earlier it was planned to release a day before actual release in theater hence premium charges asked.

not sure about the charges now.
    Dhans
    Fiat Punto 1.3 Emotion BNW 'Absolute' -2012
    Fiat Palio S10 - The Rare Legend -2002
    -------------------------------------------------
    Fiat Palio 1.2 ELX Silver Frost -2002 (sold)
    Fiat Palio 1.2 ELPS Silver Frost-2001 (sold to a friend)
    Bajaj Pulsar 150 DTS-i -2005 (Sold to a friend)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MN View Post
    Well it is now even sad to see that most of the movie has been recorded by people & uploaded in the internet and it is being seen by many.
    Absolutely not worth it. This movie cannot be enjoyed seeing on a computer monitor or TV. This movie has to been seen in a Cinema Hall. If any one wants to see the poorly recorded video of the movie on a computer screen, he will be the loser of all the joy.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast