Thread: Dealer Experience : Rajshree Ford Erode

Thanks
    Thanked 1,301 Times in 721 Posts

Dealer Experience : Rajshree Ford Erode

It happens for me to go for a Ford showroom twice, for Figo booking & Delivery and thought of writing the experience here. ( hope I won’t get banned for writing non fiat Showroom experience )

Showroom:
    Rajshree Ford – Erode
    Sales executive: Mr.Santhosh

My first visit:

Myself along with my father-in-law visited the showroom and another relative joined us in showroom later. I had few telephonic discussion with the sales executive Mr.Santhosh and from the telephonic discussion I understood that he is just anyother non fiat sales guy who managing the sales by walk in enquiries. We couldnt able to do the negotiations and the price and monthly offer is fixed and not ready to give any further discount.

We visited the showroom for loan processing after the booking, Mr.Santhosh was not in office and we were asked to wait. While waiting we were just looking the carts at display and no one bothers to check with us. I wanted a test drive and couldnt find anyone to ask, Finally managed to get one guy voila Test drive vehicle is not available and when it will be available was a unwanted question there.we were asked to check with our sale guy Mr.santhosh (yeah booking was made without the test drive).

Our sales guy came and while entering the showroom he was looking at my Punto parked outside of the showroom with a confused face. The talk was nice and we were introduced to the loan processing executive and my in-law was in talks with the fiance guy.

My relative asked about the rear power window and the reply was awsome,

SE: “ Sir ford introduced new hightech design in Figo and as per the hightech design they cant provide the power windows”

Me: “ what is the hightech design?, any special details? “

SE: “sir, this is new safety design where childs in rear seat cant put their hands outside, also even manual window the glass cant come down fully as a special feature”

Me: “ then why it is not mentioned in any Advertisements? Why other cars are still having power windows and lock button with driver”

SE: “ this is small feature so they didnt advertise”, he almost started hate me asking questions so i kept quite

Then I asked about test drive and I was told vehicle went for service. (actually the service station is just back of showroom and no test drive vehicle available there). I asked him to send it to my in-law’s place which is 15 kms from showroom and I was told that it cant be possible. I got irritated and told him that I need a test drive otherwise we shall cancel the booking( the reason for beaing a Fiat Fan and getting the benefits of Fiat showrooms ) wow in 15 mins the test drive vehicle came from service J

While doing test drive I was told that the ground clearance issue is been rectified in the face lifted Figo and its not there, wow we found a speed breaker and we are 5 in the car. The underbody scrapped and I was told that I need to go slow over speed bumps. I laughed at him and told it seems ground clearance issue is not cleared. The SA still telling me that I was going fast in the bump.

I said ok, couldnt able to do the real test drive just like we used to do it in Fiat. The SA was little scared when I tried to go fast. While return I was at the minimum speed in the same bump and it scrapped. I was charged that I was over speeding in the bump. This time I got irritated, just drove again and stopped near the speed breaker.

Me: “ Sir please you show me how to drive in the speed breaker”

SE: “ Sir not like that but it was little high speed at that time, no problem leave it”

Me: “ No Santhosh, please show me by driving the Figo in this speed bump without scrapping it”

SE:” sir...”

My In-law: “its ok leave it”

Me: “ No uncle, we were told that the ground clearance issue is solved, let him show me how its been. We have the same issue in my car and Fiat solved it. They showed me and proved me they done it. Its Ford’s duty to prove their statement.

The Sales executive started drive ultra low speed and it scrapped little and he was speechless, while getting down I asked everyone to get in to my Punto and drove over the same speed breaker with marginal high speed than punto and it wasnt scrapping.just told him that this is what the answer for the ground clearance

Second visit:

We went there last Friday for the Figo delivery and the process was smooth and the SE already in talks with me made few other comments.
    1. Maruti stopped getting engines from Fiat and now its their own enginers so you wont get same milage of earliesr swifts
    2. Ford engine is better than any other enginer as its been very old design and used till ow with out any issue

He is a good guy and accept that he has to make few false statement to get the business and heis very helpful till delivery.

The delivery was very smooth and most of all things were explained nicely. “few illogical statements too” (ignored)

No sweets provided but Idol was kept with flowers and 20 liters of fuel given. Overall except the product (compared to Fiat) everything was smooth and good.

Just cant stop comparing everything with Fiat and in few (apart from product) areas Fiat needs major improvements and in many areas (apart from showroom) Ford needs improvements.

Overall experience with Rajshree Ford: satisfactory (if you are ok with the product)

PS: some might find this review biased and I am not responsible for that as the review is been done by a Fiat Fan who compares everything with Fiat.
    Dhans
    Fiat Punto 1.3 Emotion BNW 'Absolute' -2012
    Fiat Palio S10 - The Rare Legend -2002
    -------------------------------------------------
    Fiat Palio 1.2 ELX Silver Frost -2002 (sold)
    Fiat Palio 1.2 ELPS Silver Frost-2001 (sold to a friend)
    Bajaj Pulsar 150 DTS-i -2005 (Sold to a friend)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,093 Times in 497 Posts
    Ha ha ha. You are always lucky to get such guys who try to teach you. Man that guy is sure to run away once he sees you the next time
    Anandh

1960 FIAT Select | 1962 FIAT Super Select | 1964 Ambassador | 2003 FIAT Palio S10 |2011 FIAT Linea 1.3 E+ | 2015 FIAT Linea Dynamic

Respected Member
    Thanks
    Say to that SE that "True Sai works" in salem are showing demos/giving test drives of FIAT cars upto Tiruvannamalai and hosur.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Aravindh VK View Post
    Say to that SE that "True Sai works" in salem are showing demos/giving test drives of FIAT cars upto Tiruvannamalai and hosur.
    Aravind, I told him that they went up to hosur to give a test drive and his reaction is @%/)*#*+!:-%#-

agreed that Fiat wants to sell but they want to manage the enquiries converting to sales.
    Dhans

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dhans4all View Post
    ( hope I won’t get banned for writing non fiat Showroom experience )
    No. You won't be banned here. But, Ford will ban you for sure from entering their showrooms.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramesh View Post
    No. You won't be banned here. But, Ford will ban you for sure from entering their showrooms.
    FORD never bothered to call back for the test drive request which I sent through their website ,seems i already banned there
    Dhans

Thanks
    From now on the SE will be bit careful in telling lies to a person who comes in FIAT to check out the cars in FORD showroom.

Respected Member
    Thanks
    Good observation even if they are biased. Generally people going for buying a car are not much into research before hand & they are generally already sold on the product. A smart SE will tell the required lies to get the sale done. When I bought my Palio same time Ford had launched Fiesta but only in petrol model. Test drive was not offered but I liked the car, since I was already decided on buying a diesel card under 5L budget I never explored it further.
    Few months later my friend was looking for a car & we went back to the Ford showroom. We were offered test drive of Fiesta & loved every bit of it. May be the same test drive offered on the earlier visit would have earned them a customer for the base variant which costed ex-showroom 5.8L then as FIAT was undergoing a bad phase regarding its service issues.
    Good the test drive was not offered otherwise the Palio love story might have not existed.
    Vijay Pratap Singh

Fiat Palio 1.9 D ELX || Color: Silver || Registered In: Feb 2006 || ODO - 80K || Currently Owned
    Honda Activa || Color: Golden || Registered In: Dec 2012 || ODO - 900 || Currently Owned

You never see further than your headlights, but you can make the whole trip that way!!