Warning: Illegal string offset 'name' in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 6845
Corporate Tie Up with APAR AGIP Lubricants - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Corporate Tie Up with APAR AGIP Lubricants

Thanks
    Thanked 1,093 Times in 497 Posts

Re: Corporate Tie Up with APAR AGIP Lubricants

[MENTION=15094]zoombiee[/MENTION], I dont see any harm in using 5W30. 30 is a thinner oil than 40 (15W40). You can very well go in for this, but my advice would be that if you go for 5W30, stick to this for a while. Its always recommened not to change the grade frequently.

Reg grades, you can get some info in herehttp://www.myfiatworld.in/showthread...ll=1#post22661
    Anandh

1960 FIAT Select | 1962 FIAT Super Select | 1964 Ambassador | 2003 FIAT Palio S10 |2011 FIAT Linea 1.3 E+ | 2015 FIAT Linea Dynamic

Respected Member
    Thanks

[MENTION=1590]cvanandh[/MENTION]h. - I went through it. Ideal replacement for 15W40 would be 10W40 or 5W40. Hot 30 is less than hot 40. So how would 5W30 substitute for 15W40.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,395 Times in 714 Posts

Hi,

I too got a call from Mr.Gopalkrishnan as soon as he got the mail post of mine approved by the MOD.

He too has advised me to for the Synthetic Engine Oil 5W30 & I requested that I will retain the mineral oil since my Palio has always been with Mineral Oil & I change it every 5000 KM once.

I am going with the AGIP Levo Super 15W40 mineral oil. The Palio manual of course suggests 15W40 it is for mineral oil.

http://www.aparchematek.com/products.html

What AGIP is recommending is Synthetic Engine Oil for you and zoombiee you can find the details in the link above under the Synthetic Oil under the passenger cars category.

To answer to your query on technical specifications, kindly refer to this link which is informative.

http://www.myfiatworld.in/showthread...-Flush-Archive
    Love My Passion MYFIATWORLD - Warm Regards, MN - Mahesh Natarajan

Respected Member
    Thanks

I think I will stick to mineral 15W40 like MN Sir. I have found best results with this. I have used synthetic 5W40, semi -syn 10W40 and mineral 15W40 and for some reason, I feel the car is smoother on 15W40.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zoombiee View Post
    Ideal replacement for 15W40 would be 10W40 or 5W40. Hot 30 is less than hot 40. So how would 5W30 substitute for 15W40.
    Spot on!

the hot 30 is thinner than a 40 grade

it will create a permissible mount of wear on all mech parts,

however the ideal oil to upgrade is 10(cool)W-inter40(hot) semi synth (grade).

If this is not a regular commute car and running is low ...it makes total sense to procure to OEM Mineral Grade.
    or simply upgrade to a semi synth 10w40 Magnatec just ensure the new semi-synth should be a ACEA - A3 complaint oil with a
    FIAT 9.55535 cert

Cheers
    TND
    Last edited by torquey_tnd; 08-29-2013 at 06:01 PM. Reason: mods to post
    The Stig's Indian Cousin !!!
    ROYAL ENFIELD - FIAT - YAMAHA

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cvanandh View Post
    [MENTION=15094]zoombiee[/MENTION], I dont see any harm in using 5W30. 30 is a thinner oil than 40 (15W40). You can very well go in for this, but my advice would be that if you go for 5W30, stick to this for a while. Its always recommened not to change the grade frequently.

Reg grades, you can get some info in herehttp://www.myfiatworld.in/showthread...ll=1#post22661
    Anandh,

I think you changed the engine oil recently. I guess you choose 10w40 shell. right?
    Thanks & Happy revving,

Pradeep
    Palio S10 (One of 500 Spartans)
    Yamaha Gladiator SS (commuting)
    -----------------------------
    Buying a car was not my aim,
    was my desire.
    So I bought FIAT.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,093 Times in 497 Posts
    zoombiee, yes hot 30 is thinner than hot 40, but yours being a 1.1 petrol and being in Bangalore which is cooler than Chennai, I suggested no harm in going for it. If it was a diesel, hot 30 is a no go. But on the contrary, if you are not too comfortable, then stick to hot 40 itself.

Check out the below links, though they are pretty old discussions, they seem quite useful:

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums...Number=1824839

http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2149142

Quote Originally Posted by pradeep View Post
    Anandh,

I think you changed the engine oil recently. I guess you choose 10w40 shell. right?
    Pradeep I'm on 5w40 Mobil Super 3000 fully synthetic on the S10.
    Last edited by cvanandh; 08-29-2013 at 06:04 PM. Reason: merged back to back posts
    Anandh

1960 FIAT Select | 1962 FIAT Super Select | 1964 Ambassador | 2003 FIAT Palio S10 |2011 FIAT Linea 1.3 E+ | 2015 FIAT Linea Dynamic

Respected Member
    Thanks

I bought the 80W90 gear oil today thanks to Mr Gopalkrishnan and Mr Raja. I did not buy the 15W40 engine oil as the mfg date was Jun-2011

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zoombiee View Post
    I bought the 80W90 gear oil today thanks to Mr Gopalkrishnan and Mr Raja. I did not buy the 15W40 engine oil as the mfg date was Jun-2011
    Dear zoombiee,

Please check this site for information on Engine Oil Shelf Life. I will check with the Regional Manager Mr.Srinivasan & Mr.Gopalkrishnan of APAR AGIP & revert back.

The question is whether Engine Oil has any shelf life and whether one can buy an engine oil that is 1 or 2 years sitting in a can sealed & unopened or whether one should not use it.

Source: http://www.ehow.com/facts_7477935_sh...motor-oil.html

eHow Cars Car Maintenance Oil Changes What Is the Shelf Life of Motor Oil? What Is the Shelf Life of Motor Oil?
    By Jerry Snook, eHow Contributor

Motor oil manufacturers, including AMSOIL and ExxonMobile, recommend using motor oil within five years of purchase.

However, other manufacturers recommend using oil within two to five years after purchase because of the various storage conditions that can impact the shelf life of motor oil.

Considerations

Motor oil, when stored in ideal conditions, can be used for years after its purchase. However, the introduction of moisture into the oil container will quickly degrade the quality of the oil and can cause the formation of sludge and other undesirable elements. Stable temperatures are also recommended for storage; temperatures above 100 degrees Fahrenheit or below zero degrees Fahrenheit can cause degradation of the oil. Most manufacturers recommend storing it in an environment where the temperature is between 45 degrees and 80 degrees Fahrenheit. The introduction of contaminants such as dirt can deteriorate the quality of the motor oil, so oil stored for a long time before use is more likely to be usable if the container has not been opened

Thanks

Dear zoombiee,

I just sent an sms to Mr.Srinivasan - RM of APAR AGIP and he has replied I quote, "Oil Life is Safely 5 Years. No issues with 2011 batch at all. This is for your kind information, However I will tell Raja to give this member newer batch. Thanks" end quote

I also immediately got a call from Gopalkrishnan who is now in Madurai and he too spoke with me informing that his communication with you few minutes back got dropped, may be your mobile battery went down I suppose. He too said that you can use the 2011 oil without any issue.

Gopalkrishnan said he will touch base with you later in the evening.

I have asked him to share with the forum a technical documentation from the manufacturer where in they can say that their engine oil can be used within so many years from the month & year of manufacture which he said he will share as soon as he is back in Chennai.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast