Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pre-Qualification for availing Corporate Offers

Thanks

Re: Pre-Qualification for availing Corporate Offers

MN, Anupam and all the mods, I understand the work this forum is doing behind the scenes to provide the members great benefits in the form of corporate offers etc and I really appreciate this. But it will be of no use if the offers are limited to only a few members who have more posts than others.

I personally feel a pre-requisite of 150 posts is a bit too much. If everyone starts posting just for the sake of posting, we will just end up spamming the boards. Yes, the idea is to promote good and valid discussions, but that should not make members post just for the sake of posting. If a member joins the forum just to avail the corporate offers, then it is a different case. I hope you guys see from my point of view also

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to addy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,395 Times in 714 Posts

Update from Super Admn & moderator Team;

In recent times we have seen an open discussion on the pros & cons of this Pre Qualification & Number of Posts for eligibility.

We have seen members joining & coming here and on many a occasion the first post itself is on Corporate Offer request saying I need this offer and that offer instead of even simple Introduction.

Well there is absolutely no harm in asking for offers as they are meant for members only isn't it and these come at some attractive special discounts too, at the same time we have also seen some members who came took the things early they never came back, I should say they may again come to enjoy the benefit only, who is benefited by such member who just want a win situation for themselves.

The forum is bringing these offers to all members. So this pre qualification is brought in to ensure that forum members have come in settled down & share.

Corporate offers are value added services for members who are regular & belong to the forum & and not forced upon anyone and hence the Pre Qualification is brought to ensure that we too see some commitment also from members in posting something meaningful & useful.

As to just increase their post count just for the sake of increasing their post counts, well this kind of spamming approach will not help that member as he might not see value in sharing.

There are so many areas & ways any member can post & add value and share to this forum and easily reach the post count required for availing Corporate offers.

This post count will also encourage people to bring out their best, otherwise they will always remain silent spectators and silent readers.

Not many take any interest in posting in these areas below after joining up.

Reaching a post count of 150 was not at all a difficult task.

Look below the areas where a member can contribute;

1. Introduction

2. Car Ownership thread & service details

3. Who is Who

4. Participating in meets

5. Replying to posts by fellow members in the forum

6. Welcoming new comers who have also just joined & posted their introduction (this can be done by any one)

7. Trouble shooting / experiences on technical issues faced and sharing what they can. One need not have a PhD degree in Automobile engineering.

8. Any other areas of interest (Photography, Cycling, Cooking, Art Work, Music, Reading, Joke of the Day, Thought for the Day, Out of Topic News, Articles so many things of interest)

9. Travelogue & uploading nice photos.

10. Sharing experience of using a certain product / service related to cars like Battery / Tyre / Navigation device / service / some non automobile related too etc

We have had few cases in which members almost demanded that they want it and even their choice of words written in the form of personal mail were like they are ordering - some even sent personal mails to Super Admn & Moderator team in such harsh language almost accusing.

Well the answer to such people is No - why? Simple reason the forum is based on mutual help and respect and also since the super admin or mod team or senior members - always give their opinion / decision in a polite manner.

There has been a case where a certain communication was sent that we were earlier on PUG and now we are here in MFW and we need it etc - cannot / will not make a reason for the getting any approval for the corporate offers.

We do respect all members & it should always be mutual & reciprocated and the forum's Super Admn & Mod team have never been biased in approving.

The Forum is MYFIATWORLD.IN and we will always be the best Rocking FIAT forum for years to come and one of the fastest growing forums too.

We wish to definitely add more value to all our members who also add value to our forum and we definitely are different and so the way things done here also is different.

We will be bringing in many more benefits to our forum members who are regular & committed to the forum.

We welcome new members and we don't distinguish between any members any makes of any Fiat brand any make or model - we open our Arms and we welcome all.

We also send out personal welcome message when a new membership gets cleared, we send personal invitations on so many updates & upcoming meets and not any system generated messages or emails so that there is always a personal touch when a personally drafted mail is sent.

So you see even the Super Admn & moderator Team are also putting in a phenomenal amount of work (dedicated time) & commitment apart from our own personal & official lives.

Well we go out of the way to help and support members in case some member needs any part, we ensure that they get it, but the same has be request based not ordered or demanded.

We aren't paid for doing all this, we are doing all this out of sheer love & passion towards MYFIATWORLD.

We even have touched based with FIAT senior executives to help our forum members who have faced various issues which were not resolved earlier and have successfully got them resolved and we have been following up regularly to close them to the satisfaction of the forum members.

In our life we cannot make every single one happy & satisfied and there will always be a gap.

Super Admin & Moderator team will decide good for the forum & its members for sure and in some cases we have cleared few critical requests like Insurance, Engine Oil & tyres on urgent need basis for few members and will do so also in future.

Now the minimum post count for availing the Corporate Offers is brought down from earlier mentioned 150 to 70 posts.

This is done keeping in mind the best interest of the forum members and urgent needs of some members who are in need of the parts & solutions and considering all the feedback & requests.

Corporate offers will stay & will grow & will definitely benefit the members & forum.

Please understand that Corporate Companies see value in the forum members and the passion we all have hence they are providing special prices.

Please also know & understand that we FIAT brand car owners aren't a majority in terms of mass and a minuscule number when compared to the larger sized manufacturers and yet we have managed to bring them all here.
    Love My Passion MYFIATWORLD - Warm Regards, MN - Mahesh Natarajan

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to MN For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Though I have been reading MFW for sometime now, this is my first post on MFW. My appreciation and thanks to the Super Admins and Mods for striking a balance on the number of posts on the forum to be made by a member for availing Corporate offers. Now, let me go and introduce myself in the Introduction thread

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GTXeR For This Useful Post:

Respected Member
    Thanks

If a member joins just for the sake of availing a certain benefit and vanishes after he or she gets it and surfaces again only when they need some benefit again from the forum, it is really bad. There is no doubt about it. And, minimum post count is the only deterrent to such people.
    The only negative thing I felt about the post count is that, there will be a tendency to create too many 2-word, 3-word posts just to increase post count, and may not really add value. I do not believe in posting for the sake of it because it is unlikely to add value to the forum. That said, these are just my personal opinion and I do not have any reluctance to abide by the rules of the forum.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thulasi For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thulasi View Post
    If a member joins just for the sake of availing a certain benefit and vanishes after he or she gets it and surfaces again only when they need some benefit again from the forum, it is really bad. There is no doubt about it. And, minimum post count is the only deterrent to such people.
    The only negative thing I felt about the post count is that, there will be a tendency to create too many 2-word, 3-word posts just to increase post count, and may not really add value. I do not believe in posting for the sake of it because it is unlikely to add value to the forum. That said, these are just my personal opinion and I do not have any reluctance to abide by the rules of the forum.
    You are absolutely right in your thoughts. This is exactly what we also believe, we do not want members just to increase their post count for the sake of increasing their post count.

On that note please know that the Super Admn & Mod team also has its eyes & ears open and check each & every thing that is going on and will know a genuine case and might decline if we see that they haven't added value. This is just a pre-qualification and approval comes next Sir

We want members to contribute in so many areas in the forum.

Thulasiji you have been hitting sixers and are already qualified so no need for you to worry

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MN For This Useful Post:

Respected Member
    Thanks

Thanks team for bringing it down to 70 posts from 150.

This is reasonable, and thanks once again. I never joined the forum for discounts, but meeting people, to understand them, their cars etc.

But I am happy to get those discounts

Can I suggest something? shall we have a content running every week with a small price or gift voucher etc. so that more people will participate, more ides will be discussed and also this will help us to engage more people on forum and their contributions. Good idea or bad idea?

Regards,
    Binil

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bins For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Dear Binil,

With due respect to every one who have joined, we know all of us have joined for the sheer love for FIAT only.

What FIAT's love gave us was MYFIATWORLD and what MYFIATWORLD gives FIAT lovers is so many things and not only Corporate Offers which is just one minuscule part available here for every one.

Corporate offers came much later and weren't here at all.

One can check the dates of each of the announcement of Corporate Offers & see how brick by brick they came into being, some of them are helping and some have become dormant & no longer used.

MYFIATWORLD gives a full course heavy meal every day.

Corporate offers are to be used like pickle once in a while only.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to MN For This Useful Post:

Respected Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MN View Post
    MYFIATWORLD gives a full course heavy meal every day.

Corporate offers are to be used like pickle once in a while only.
    Agree to this completely - 100%

Kawasaki Ninja 650R - 2011
    Grande Punto 1.3 - 2013 | Exotic Red | 60000 kms | Lost to Chennai Floods
    FIAT Palio GTX - 2001 (from Aug 2010) | Silver Frost | Sold
    Alto K10 - Sep 2011 | White | mile muncher | 24k+ kms - sold
    RE TBTS - May 2009 | Black | Commute and Highway rider

Love for MY FIAT | Envy owners of Classics | Admiration for every FIAT on road

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Brahadeesh For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Dear All,

Hope this mail post of mine finds all the forum members in good health & spirits.

Our forum MYFIATWORLD has now completed 2 years since its birth on 4th April 2012 and we are going ahead filled with lots of love & passion with so many new comers joining the forum with their FIATs.

The Corporate Offers were brought in into the forum mainly to help the FIAT owners to get the best of the parts & solutions at much affordable prices compared to buying it in outside.

This mail post is to inform every one that the Corporate Offers will now be made available to all the forum members without the pre-qualification criteria of having minimum number of posts which earlier was 150 posts and was brought down to 75 posts.

Now this post count is completely removed and all members who need the solutions / products can avail them.

The only request is that before requesting the least the member can do is post a nice introduction about himself to let every one in this forum know that you have joined.

This decision is taken based on the number of requests coming from our members who are in urgent need for Tyres / Engine Oils & Lubricants / GPS Navigation / Car Covers / Spare Parts / Hydraulic Jack / Spark Plug / Car Insurance etc and the Moderator & Admn team have decided the best for the forum members to support all the forum members across India.

The MYFIATWORLD forum wishes all its members all the very best.

Please note that the following Solutions will be available for all our members from today onwards 3rd May 2014 without any pre-qualification criteria. So anyone wants the following solutions please go ahead & post your requirements in the appropriate threads.

Tyres - Yokohama

http://www.myfiatworld.in/showthread...MA-India-Tyres

Name:  Yokohama.jpg
Views: 732
Size:  5.6 KB

Engine Oil, Gear Box Oil, Power Steering Oil, Grease - APAR AGIP

Name:  AGIP.jpg
Views: 618
Size:  12.5 KB

http://www.myfiatworld.in/showthread...GIP-Lubricants

GPS Navigation - SATNAV

Name:  SATNAV GPS.jpg
Views: 628
Size:  7.9 KB

http://www.myfiatworld.in/showthread...GPS-Navigation

Car Spare Parts from Bosch

Name:  BOSCH.jpg
Views: 616
Size:  5.2 KB

Oil Filters, Air Filters, Coolant, Wiper Blades, Head Light Bulbs etc

http://www.myfiatworld.in/showthread...ts-Distributor

Car Suspension Spare Parts - GUTTMANN

Name:  GUTTMANN2.png
Views: 721
Size:  8.6 KB

Tie Rod End , Stabilizer Link, Rack End, Ball Joint, Track Control Arm (Lower Arm), Engine Mounting, Control Arm Bracket, Anti Roll Bar Bush, Rear Axel Suspension Bush, Wheel Hub, Power Steering Rack End, Gear Lever Shaft

http://www.myfiatworld.in/showthread...ANN-Auto-Parts

Car Covers - Polco Creations Dupont Tyvek Car Covers

Name:  Polco Car Cover.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  16.3 KB

http://www.myfiatworld.in/showthread...vek-Car-Covers

Automotive Insurance G.R. Insurance

http://www.myfiatworld.in/showthread...-INSURANCEWORD

Automotive Sparkplugs - DENSO

Name:  dENSO sPARKPLUGS.jpg
Views: 738
Size:  11.2 KB

http://www.myfiatworld.in/showthread...dia-Sparkplugs

Hydraulic Jack - BEST Hydraulics

Name:  Best Hydraulic.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  49.1 KB

http://www.myfiatworld.in/showthread...k-Manufacturer

Special Purpose Meters - MINI METERS

Name:  MINIMETERS.jpg
Views: 768
Size:  8.0 KB

http://www.myfiatworld.in/showthread...Special-Meters

Please note that some of the Corporate Offers with few companies will be closed as there is no progress and we are in the process of finding alternate solutions for all our forum members very soon. Until then enjoy your time with the forum.

Have a wonderful day to all.

18. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to MN For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Dear MN, That is good move,

I am one of the silent member of My Fiat world, For the only reason. My overall knowledge about car is very low, So i only prefer MFW for knowledge purpose. But the discount for the members will definately attract the Fiat lovers to join the group.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast