Thread: Maruti Ertiga launched!!! - does FIAT have any answers?

Thanks

Maruti Ertiga launched!!! - does FIAT have any answers?

I personally am not a huge fan of the Maruti, nor do i approve of this particular car that tries to cram 7 ppl into a monocoque design. What am interested in is the pricing of this car and what it does to invite competition. I personally compare Ertiga to the Jazz (ignore the third row seats of the Ertiga and u have comfortable 2nd row seats).

Now i hope FIAT tries to cash in on this market. This year is going to see a number of other launches in the compact SUV segment too, like the Mini Xylo, Renault Duster or the Ford Ecosport. When i tried to search for compact SUVs made by FIAT globally, Sedici figures repetitively in the searches. I believe it's a cross-over between a hatch and an SUV based on the SX4 platform. Does FIAT have any issues with Suzuki to launch it here in India?

And what other cars does FIAT have in this segment?

PS: The Sedici reminds me of the Adventure so much (talking only of the looks)

Thanks
    Aditya,

Maruti knows whats Indian customer needs and according to their needs they make their product and launch it. Now coming to SX4, SX4 is FIAT and Maruti collaborative design for Maruti. FIAT has named it as Sedici. Its high time FIAT launches new models in India to keep itself running and alive...
    www.myFIATworld.in

Thanks
    Though i agree that FIAT should launch new models etc, i believe entering a newer segment might give it a fresh lease of life, esp with the competition also not doing too great.

I wouldn't dare to comment on anything Maruti here Though SX4 is a collaborative design between FIAT and Suzuki, internationally the Sedici is a crossover, not a sedan and i believe if FIAT is able to release it in India it will be a wonderful alternative to the likes of Duster n Eecosport

Thanks

Cool OT - Ertiga. Fiat seem to have missed a segment

Today,

i had a chance to see an ertiga put on demo at Olympia tech park Chennai.

My opinion -
    A crappy car for 12 Lakhs (fully loaded). Very less space. The rear (3rd row) seats are put in between the suspension struts neatly covered with plastics.
    Only 2 kids can sit there. Its not meant for adults. The 2nd row consists of a 1st row seat (slideable and has inclination adjustment) and a broader seat.
    There is almost 0 bootspace. The plastics in the vehicle were pathetic and gave a bad feel about the interiors.

I beleive that the interiors are that of a Ritz. Looked like a Ritz car pulled (graphics) with a mouse.. The front looks pretty funny for a 3 row seating car.
    One may have to add roof rails for parcel / luggage carrying capability.

There were vents for 2nd and 3rd rows over head. On safety side, the 3rd rows dont seem safe at all. Its close to the rear door.

After seeing the interiors and how they have placed the seating, i felt that Fiat had missed an opportunity to make its make on the 7 seater segment.
    An adventure, if can accomodate the 3rd row, would hold 7 adults comfortably. Can add additional AC vents for 2nd and 3rd rows.

Afterall, Maruti uses Fiat's engine in its Diesel variant, with 90 bhp or close to 100. Fiat could have done it better with its build quality and own engine.

Still its not too late for anyone who wants to mod their 5 seater Advy into 7 seater, copying the Ertiga's seating. Still we would have boot space equivalent to a Tata indica.

If i have had an advy, i would have converted it to a 7 seater !

I know it may be illegal or claimed as unsafe to add 3rd row seats, but if you see the Ertiga, you may change your opinion.

thanks & regards
    Sridhar

Fiat Palio Stile 1.1 SLX
    Ozone Blue

Sid
    Thanks for this feedback Sridhar.

Even after all the issues that you reported, it seems the Ertiga has had 12,000 bookings already (as per Siddharth P. on CNB show)
    That is not surprising considering anything that MS puts up is lapped up instantly by the Indian junta.

I thought it was priced under 10 lacs.
    Touching 12 lacs, I would much rather go for other options say the XUV.

Thanks

Smile Maruti - fiat !

folks what would u have expected from MS???
    the car is simply aimed at popular vehicle for people mover and to say the least needs to
    grab at market share where INNOVA is still the undisputed king rather maharaja.

Having said that , FIAT is not missing anything in my opinion . Few days ago
    Marius D’Lima(Head – Corporate Communications) geared up in a total no non-sense offer
    to sell 1lakh SKU units of Multijet Engines to Maruti udyog to meet rapidly growing waiting list.
    No wonder MS already had Ertiga in mind for a new launch , as we all know theres already a waiting
    list for this new people-mover but on the bright side its not a deal breaker for FIAT as its ranjangaon facility
    is mighty serious to sell engines with out government taxes and exercise duties implied as a part of the deal
    directly to the needy.

Having said that , its not a whistler blowers car nor would it take away anything from Toyota- Kirloskar JV to eat up INNOVA's market , XYLO is still co-exsisitng but never has it penetreated into INNOVA land.
    but certainly @ 12 lac theres ANAND MAhiNDRA's XUV5dubaaohhh not shying away to be a crowd puller to the T!

cheers
    TND
    Last edited by torquey_tnd; 04-27-2012 at 09:45 PM. Reason: additions
    The Stig's Indian Cousin !!!
    ROYAL ENFIELD - FIAT - YAMAHA

Respected Member
    Thanks
    Fiat has a great sucessful answer - the Fiat Doblo. Where is it? certainly not on Indian roads. IMHO ( In My Humble Opinion) the Fiat Multipla is much more Wow inducing. Why is Fiat ( who/where ever) such a dumb nuts when it comes to Marketing and Sales? Forget these new vehicles, Atleast get the Adventure back which should not be as expensive as getting Doblo or Multipla. Gosh. Somebody do something !!!!!
    Ashpalio
    Padmini 1100 Delight (2)
    Palio 1.2EL 2002
    Linea 1.4 2009
    Punto 1.3 2010