Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi from Drifter

Thanks

Hi from Drifter

First of all congratulations for getting this site going. It looks good.

Well, some know me, some like me, many dislike me and plenty even hate me. And it seems to be for the same reason. I am a fierce fighter for the truth.

I am now for 32 years in the automotive field, have ventured out to acoustics and environmental field (mainly out of boredom) and have been writing scripts and acting.

Since last year I am in process to produce my first movie (currently in the pre-production stage). The easy part (shooting) is still some time ahead of me.

Currently I own an Alfa GTV(going soon on the track), an Alfa 33, a Fiat Panda, a Fiat Seicento, a Fiat Punto Mk1, 3 Fiat Cinquecentos and I am in process to get another Cinquecento.

Unfortuntely my beloved other Seicento was gone to car heaven. After 2,43,000kms a Golf Mk6 has taken it out by crossing my path of travel about 8 weeks ago.

I must admit flying through the air, landing on the roof, going on rolling and having glass raining was one hell of an experience. However, the loss of my car wasn't. It wasn't the material value rather than what the car was about. It was extremely well set up and gave many cars a good run for their money.

Okay, now I just have given you the proof that I am childish. But then they say in every man is a child.

Well, I am sure there is a lot more tell, but then it could be boring. So, I better stop here.

Super Admin
    Thanks
    Welcome to MFW,

Thanks for your introduction,it surely help us now that we have new member in our family,

Your experience with these dream machine's would even help our house more & I would surely request to post the same,

I wish you all the best for your movie,

You should count me in your like person- I have even pressed the button of like on your introduction.

Thanks & Regards
    Anupam

Sid
    Hey Drifter - That is an awesome handle that you got yourself there. Good thinking.

Your knowledge of these mean rides could assist a lot of people here.

Enjoy your stay & keep penning your thoughts.

I am sure you will find more friends than strangers here

Thanks
    Anupam, can you please tell me where I find the like button?

@ Sid - unfortunately the nature of my job and the experience I have will clash with a lot of people. The sad truth about forums im general, people often seem to forget that what they experience is rather subjective than objective. They in turn start arguing over experience that can be backed with independent testing and then get personal over it. I accept this type of action as a fact and just live with it that people do dislike me as a result.

However, I will do my best to share my experience and expertise.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,395 Times in 714 Posts
    Hi Drifter,

Warm Welcome to MYFIATWORLD Peter.

For once we really have a COWBOY

I agree if you tell the truth all will hate you as most often the truth is always bitter, blunt and thats why they say in English Truth Hurts!!

It is better to be childish as very small children have pure thoughts in their mind and evil doesnt stay there only GOD resides. Drifter nothing is borning my friend in fact we all will be happy to hear more & more from you after all isint it a fact that this forum is made for all members to share and read about each other.

We definately would encourage you to write more often about your experiences, about your various cars, about your life in your country, about the car scene, how FIAT is doing how competitors are doing, what are thd old models and what are the new models, how is life write anything my friend. We all promise to read & will surely respond.

However it is better to be telling the truth rather than lying to ourselves and others.

That's some awesome intro post and the kind of cars you have mentioned by name shows you are from South America if I were to guess it is Brazil / UK?.

If this is true then you are our hounoured Guest as the 1st foreign member from South America. We had the pleasure of having another member from your parts into our earlier website Palio Users Group & his name was Rodrigo Carmona from Chile.

In India which is an ancient land of wisdom we have an old Saying in the oldest language of all languages Sanskrit it says "Athiti Devo Bhava" meaning our "Guest is our GOD".

This applies to you as well as to all members at MFW. Warm welcome to MFW.

Sad to hear about the Seicento going to car heaven, it must have been a 2001 model?.

Nothing can replace that but it has left lasting impressions & memories with you for the rest of your life.

Flying through the air, landing on some one's roof, going on rolling and having glass raining etc is really one hell of an experience which not all have experienced and to top it all you have come out of it alive. The horse died saving the COWBOY.

Drive safe & we all welcome you again in to our house with your own slogan ME KASA IS SU KASA

Just will share a picture of a Seicento let this remind you of your departed beloved Fiat Seicento. We are eagerly looking forward to hear more from you Amigo.

Name:  2001_fiat_seicento-pic-65465.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  41.8 KB
    Love My Passion MYFIATWORLD - Warm Regards, MN - Mahesh Natarajan

Thanks
    Thanked 1,093 Times in 497 Posts
    Hi Drifter, welcome to MFW! Great to have members from other Countries among us.
    Anandh

1960 FIAT Select | 1962 FIAT Super Select | 1964 Ambassador | 2003 FIAT Palio S10 |2011 FIAT Linea 1.3 E+ | 2015 FIAT Linea Dynamic

Thanks
    Thank you for the welcome cvanandh. I am a foreigner but have a big space in my heart for India. Even the fact that I lost a lot of money due to some incompetent people around me in your country, when I tried to establish proper performance tuning.

Well a pssaionate heart can't kill the love. I still love India.

@ MN - Sorry, I have to disappoint you. I am not South American. I am German by birth, but live for a long time in Britain. Don't ask me why, I so not know the reason for it either.

Anyways, I will do some write up about my Seicento and my present daily runabout, which is a Panda. The other cars will take a bit longer as they are in bits right now. This is for upgrades to make them even more fun.

Thanks
    Welcome to this great Forum 'MyFiatWorld' Drifter. We all like to hear your stories (good or bad) with FIAT.
    Amit Saxena.
    1.6 GTX 2002.
    Black Beast ,46000+ Kms, Mumbai.
    "No Drivers. Only Lovers"

Thanks
    Hello PETER , Welcome come to MFW

Rem south mumbai meet in 2010 with Aaron and Co & Dyno's run on Linea's & Punto's ??
    I am Gald you Joined and will be looking fwd to meeting you around
    always like your focus for speed and kits you made for AIR

Cheers
    Last edited by torquey_tnd; 04-27-2012 at 10:46 PM. Reason: typos
    The Stig's Indian Cousin !!!
    ROYAL ENFIELD - FIAT - YAMAHA

Respected Member
    Thanks

Re: Hi from Drifter

Hi Drifter
    Welcome to MFW. I appreciate your love for our country even though some one played with your money. Next time you won't have any such problem since you landed in a great forum where brotherhood stands out. There are lot of competent people here waiting to help you out if in case you need some.
    Have a pleasant stay.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
    முத்து
    Muthu

Addicted to Drive

FIAT GP 1.3 MJD 2011 | Royal Enfield Bullet Electra 2005

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast