Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: My Fiat Palio 1.6 Gtx

Thanks

My Fiat Palio 1.6 Gtx

Hey everyone, my name is Christopher, i'm from Goa and i own a Gtx and a Stile multijet. I'm a newbee to the fiat forum but an old hand with the palios. have had my Gtx since 2003, bought her brand new, done close to 185000 kms with her and she still runs as good as new. in my immediate family we have a 5 palios including the 1.9D(brothers) and the 1.2 nv(mums). All the cars have given us good service although my mums car hasant done much milage in 11 yrs, around 40 k. the 1.9D is also a heavy runner having completed over 2lakh kms and still going strong. While the cars have been good, cant say the same for the company that makes them! i've waited for 11 long years and havnt seen any improvement in the way they run the show ! sad coz the cars are some of the finest around especially if you love driving !! anyway needless to say my Gtx will be with me till i die. its like a stray puppy that u adopt ! only you know how much joy it brings as it wiggles its way into your heart while everyone else laughs at you !!thats how most people look at fiats, especially the type that dont own them !! will post pics as soon as i figure out how to !!!

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to chrispalio For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Re: My Fiat Palio 1.6 Gtx

Hi christopher, warm welcome to MFW family. Nice to know that the whole family loves fiat. Buddy post some pis of your ride.
    --------------------------------
    Thanks and kind regards,
    Jerald
    Yamaha sz-r
    Fiat Palio 1.2 EL PS 2002

Thanks

Hi Christopher,

Welcome to the forum, glad to know you have got the entire range of palio's in your family. Enjoy your stay here. And please do post lots of pictures.

Regards,
    Syed

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Hi Christopher,

Welcome to the forum, glad to know you have got the entire range of palio's in your family. Enjoy your stay here. And please do post lots of pictures.

Regards,
    Syed
    Regards,
    Syed

Fiat Adventure Sports 1.6

Ownership Thread: http://www.myfiatworld.in/showthread...trol-Adventure

Respected Member
    Thanks

Hi Christopher warm welcome to mfw.
    ha ha a tight mileage competitor to MN's GTX.

Nakaschu
    Earn, Help, Rejoice

Thanks

Welcome Christopher, thats some awesome mileage done on the palio's
    Glad that they still run as good as new, surely means that you have taken enough pains to ensure they are maintained so well.

Keenly waiting for some pice

Thanks

Welcome Christopher to MFW. You are sure to gain a lot from this forum.
    Bitten by the Linea Bug. Now enjoying the MJD with JVC, Focal, JL setup. Navigating with Sygic and Z1.

Respected Member
    Thanks

Wow Christopher... A warm welcome to the MFW family with the amazing flock of palios you own!
    pretty impatient to see all those 5 palios in a picture... we have so many palio lovers in here and you're gonna enjoy your time with us, for sure!

Kawasaki Ninja 650R - 2011
    Grande Punto 1.3 - 2013 | Exotic Red | 60000 kms | Lost to Chennai Floods
    FIAT Palio GTX - 2001 (from Aug 2010) | Silver Frost | Sold
    Alto K10 - Sep 2011 | White | mile muncher | 24k+ kms - sold
    RE TBTS - May 2009 | Black | Commute and Highway rider

Love for MY FIAT | Envy owners of Classics | Admiration for every FIAT on road

Super Admin
    Thanks

Dear chrispalio,

Welcome to mfw sir,

It's really nice to see that you have Fiat Palio 1.6,Fiat Palio 1.2 and Fiat Palio 1.9d,

They all are great cars,

Really happy to see the mileage covered,

Regarding Parts nothing to worry about,our forum members helps all please refer to the below thread and you need anything just list the same,

http://www.myfiatworld.in/showthread...i-e-Our-Fiat-s

Would request you to post some pictures of your passion and also some good pictures of the wonderful place where you reside,

Thanks & Regards
    The ball is made to roll when the world has withdrawn the desire & above all the will - that's about the torchbearer known as me

Thanks
    Thanked 1,395 Times in 714 Posts

Dear Christopher,

Warm Welcome to MYFIATWORLD.

It is wonderful to see the line up of FIATs in your family.

The numbers you have clocked on the GTX 1 Lakh 85 thousand is just awesome. A real salute to the GTX and to you.

We definitely would love to see your GTX pictures & separate ownership thread.

@ Nagarajan - Ashwani Attrish our ever silent senior most moderator & advisor to our forum has 2 GTX with him.

As far as I know one GTX crossed 4 Lakhs and the other 3 Lakhs plus. In fact it was Ashwaniji who prodded me to get myself a GTX when I was searching for a Palio and I agree with Christopher that it is pure bliss & nirvana behind the wheels of the GTX on highway / city roads. My GTX long distance running days are almost over. On 3rd March 2006 its odometer was 31260 KM and on 2nd December 2010 (on the day I picked up my Linea MJD) GTX odometer reading was 1 Lakh 60000 KM. In 4 years 9 months I had clocked 1 Lakh 28740 KM and in just 3 years the Linea MJD has crossed 62000 KMs. So the Linea is now eating into the GTX numbers.

Again as Christopher says owning & keeping a GTX is a great attachment and it is like adopting a pup & I agree. I have never been so much in love with a car as much I am with my GTX which is so special for me. It gave me so many brothers & friends around the country. There has been a real craze in recent times with S10s but the ever silent GTX is a mean machine too. S10 & GTX are almost the same except for some technical & cosmetic changes and GTX too has its special place. It is sad to see many a GTXs have been put to rest because of negligence of owners to maintain, discarded due to assumed heavy maintenance / fuel costs and with a tag this poor beauty has acquired as guzzler.

Well GTX can be a mileage efficient car provided you maintain it well and know how to get the best out of it and step on hit and it will just take off like a rocket leaving behind the crowd and of course all that pleasure will come at a cost too.

You will see that with S10s not available & the craze for a 1.6 engine going up with FIAT enthusiasts the demand for GTX will always be there.

On that note soon I will be starting a separate ownership thread which will be so elaborate & detailed right from 3rd March 2006 till date.

Once our Master Vijay who also owns a GTX had mentioned how you keep so much meticulous details, well for the kind information of every one I have the 1st petrol bill and all subsequent petrol bills that went into the GTX till date in the last 8 years!

I have the complete maintenance history from 2006 till date. I have already segregated this into 3 files and will bring them to the 26th Jan Republic meet. I am working on the petrol bills which are all with me and segregating them & it is taking time but will eventually complete it too and make a scrap book of fuel bills month wise & year wise from 2006. The margin of error of lost bills / no bills will be very negligible. Every time I fueled I collected the bill.

Same is the case with the Linea MJD too - all bills are available. Complete maintenance history & 1st to latest Diesel bills

Now the members in GOA is also increasing and it is a pleasure to have you on-board.
    Love My Passion MYFIATWORLD - Warm Regards, MN - Mahesh Natarajan

Super Admin
    Thanks

Also to add to the list our members also have expertise on Palio 1.9 D,

Refer to the below thread you would get solutions to all kinds of Issues in Fiat Palio 1.9D,

http://www.myfiatworld.in/showthread...iat-Palio-1-9D

We believe in sharing and caring for all the members and that's the DNA that has helped the forum to grow on an exponential Rate,

Chris ji - it's a pleasure to welcome you,

Thanks & Regards
    The ball is made to roll when the world has withdrawn the desire & above all the will - that's about the torchbearer known as me

Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast