Warning: Illegal string offset 'name' in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 6845
An accident which could have been avoided? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: An accident which could have been avoided?

Thanks

Re: Accident due to Owner not reading the manual - double cranking prevention system

I don't want to blame the DCP feature for this. If the key doesn't turn clock wise after a stall, our hand will turn the key anti clock wise and then clock wise by instinct.

No one knows whether the driver of the car was confused on how to start it after a stall. What if he was trying to start but the train hit the car before it could start?

Some one says DCP and we are all here discussing about it! Turning the key back and forth. How hard could it be?

More than the features in your car, learn on road safety. Wear Seat belts. Drive Safe.

I seriously don't like the title of this thread. No one knows what the accident is due to. It would seriously hurt family and friends of the deceased if they are reading this. Just change the title to "An accident which could have been avoided"
    Last edited by naveen2cool; 02-12-2014 at 12:43 PM.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to naveen2cool For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,301 Times in 721 Posts

Re: Accident due to Owner not reading the manual - double cranking prevention system

Quote Originally Posted by RDCF View Post
    Dear all,

I agree that most of us are not reading manual. I have a suggestion in my mind that in association with FIAT to prepare a PRE DELIVERY INSTRUCTION video which will be shown before the delivery of the car. it will definitely improve the awareness and also easy to understand the features. This DVD can be given along with the delivery kit for their future references.

Regards,
    NAGOO
    Team Head(Sales)
    Its a Good Idea, it will give a hint of new car and the hidden features to the owner.
    Dhans
    Fiat Punto 1.3 Emotion BNW 'Absolute' -2012
    Fiat Palio S10 - The Rare Legend -2002
    -------------------------------------------------
    Fiat Palio 1.2 ELX Silver Frost -2002 (sold)
    Fiat Palio 1.2 ELPS Silver Frost-2001 (sold to a friend)
    Bajaj Pulsar 150 DTS-i -2005 (Sold to a friend)

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dhans4all For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Re: An accident which could have been avoided?

Since the impact could have been from side the airbag might not have engaged.
    GP 1.4E (2010 October)
    Travelogues: Panhala /Malvan / Mahabaleswar My ownership thread

6. The Following User Says Thank You to V Sunilkumar For This Useful Post:

Thanks

This made me recall one minor incident that I had to go through. Back in 2007, I was driving my friend's Petra 1.6 through heavy Bangalore traffic. Stopped the engine at a red light. When the counter was approaching zero, I tried to crack up the engine, only to realize that the whole unit was stuck, as if double cranking prevention is in action. It wouldn't move past the ignition ON position no matter what.

After several attempts to free it up, including few violent hits on the steering column with my arms and leg, I could finally start the car, allowing a pile of vehicles behind me to finally start moving. Was a bit scary.
    FIAT Palio 1.2 NV 2006 | MagnaFlow | 90000 Kms | Daily drive
    FIAT Punto MJD 2009 | 56000 Kms | Mile cruncher

Respected Member
    Thanks

Enough of speculations on this accident and guesses on what might have happened on that dreadful moment.

Sincere thanks to Nagoo for his constructive suggestion of making a video briefing the safety features of the car and mandatorily screening it to the owner-to-be... Let us all contribute in this effort.
    And then the widely advised suggestion by all our fellow members on reading the manuals religiously on the very first day of ownership, regardless of previous ownerships, awareness and the thousands of kms under his/her belt.

I'm going through the manuals tonight!

Kawasaki Ninja 650R - 2011
    Grande Punto 1.3 - 2013 | Exotic Red | 60000 kms | Lost to Chennai Floods
    FIAT Palio GTX - 2001 (from Aug 2010) | Silver Frost | Sold
    Alto K10 - Sep 2011 | White | mile muncher | 24k+ kms - sold
    RE TBTS - May 2009 | Black | Commute and Highway rider

Love for MY FIAT | Envy owners of Classics | Admiration for every FIAT on road

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Brahadeesh For This Useful Post:

Respected Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Brahadeesh View Post
    I'm going through the manuals tonight!
    Back in Aug-Sept 2009, just about two weeks after I buying my Punto, we were driving to Kerala. New car with Odo just 200 or so, and first long drive. Some time during the journey, a yellow light started glowing from the console, above the MID. Since this is a new car, were sure sure what it meant, nor did I bother to check the MID message, which said something like "check left turn indicator". We stopped the car immediately and opened the manual, which I always keep in the car, and searched for warning information only to learn that it just meant a bulb has fused. That was at a time when Punto was a very rare sight even Bangalore, forget Kerala!

That was when I first realized that I must read the manual cover-to-cover at least once.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to thulasi For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123