Warning: Illegal string offset 'name' in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 6845
Bizzare experience

Thread: Bizzare experience

Thanks

Bizzare experience

The incident occurred On the Vandalur Kelambakkam road after crossing the Tagore college towards Kelambakkam last Sunday noon.
    A middle aged guy, with wife and two kids were traveling in splendour. The guy was doing 50-60 km speeds, no helmet, had some garlands as well. My guess is, they were proceeding to thiruporur.
    A swift went past this family too close, and next thing I know, the bike came in contact with the swift's rear wheel, and the whole family was on the road right in front of my car.
    I usually leave space with the cars in front, and for once, notwithstanding all the morons who squeeze in to that gap, I did not regret that habit, or else I shudder to think what would've happened. I had a good 20 feet. And so could stop the car well in time.
    One of the baby got injured. The rest had minor scratches. The Swift guy went some distance, moved the car to the left and stopped momentarily, and then moved on.
    The family in Splendor were taken to the roadside. I waited for a few minutes, and slowly passed the spot.
    I was also lucky that no one was close on my back, or else I would have got rear ended.
    I could not place a finger and say whose fault it was, but the consequences could've been grave to the family in bike, abd to me. They had a miraculous escape. I had a big reprieve.

I seriously do not understand how/ why people
    - have two adults + two kids in bike,
    - do not wear a helmet
    - do higher than average speeds on a road like V-K road, on a bike whose tyres are almost as thin as cycle tyres, ( for mileage)

And then blame the car driver when a mishap happens. It is not that I am supporting the car driver. But no matter who's mistake, it is the two wheelers who pay the maximum price.

After a few minutes, I take a diversion to the left, a political party guy comes, ask me to stop the car, and pose questions as if I caused the accident. I convinced him that it was not me, the car was different ( glad that I did not buy yet another swift), and the swift had gone straight towards Kelambakkam. He was like, avan mattum kedacha na, konniruppen!

Its sad to see a baby get injured for no fault of hers. Pray she gets better soon. I also had to thank the almighty. Things could've got worse, for all.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Prabukarthik For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,301 Times in 721 Posts

Re: Bizzare experience

Prabhukarthik. I drive daily in this road and to be frank bikers are real threat.

The road is relatively free always and bikers always end up driving more than normal speed in the left lane.

Witnessed many accidents here especially with vans and heavy vehicles. The safe speed in this road is 60 kmph considering the people suddenly jumping in the road, bikers crossing and heavy vehicle.
    Btw u live around this area? I always lookout for Punto whenever i go out and except one red Punto I dont find any other Fiats.

Sent from my Micromax A116 using Tapatalk
    Dhans
    Fiat Punto 1.3 Emotion BNW 'Absolute' -2012
    Fiat Palio S10 - The Rare Legend -2002
    -------------------------------------------------
    Fiat Palio 1.2 ELX Silver Frost -2002 (sold)
    Fiat Palio 1.2 ELPS Silver Frost-2001 (sold to a friend)
    Bajaj Pulsar 150 DTS-i -2005 (Sold to a friend)

Thanks

Dhans,

Have PM ed you my exact location details. My wife goes to work on this stretch. Once, a friend of mine told me he touched 100 in his Unicorn while visiting me. He said this road is better than the many toll roads. While this may be a complement for this road, but such speeds put safety in question for all concerned. Because of the relatively sparse traffic, vans drive on the wrong side as well.

- - - - - Updated - - - - -

There are at least 4 Puntos in my complex including mine. No Lineas though.

Thanks

A common problem in the suburbs and even on highways. Two wheeler guys think they have the right of the road.
    It is a good habit that you maintain fair amount distance between vehicles. I always make it a point to follow that.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to naveen2cool For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,301 Times in 721 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Prabukarthik View Post
    Dhans,

Have PM ed you my exact location details. My wife goes to work on this stretch. Once, a friend of mine told me he touched 100 in his Unicorn while visiting me. He said this road is better than the many toll roads. While this may be a complement for this road, but such speeds put safety in question for all concerned. Because of the relatively sparse traffic, vans drive on the wrong side as well.

- - - - - Updated - - - - -

There are at least 4 Puntos in my complex including mine. No Lineas though.
    This road is almost straight with very less curves and nice roads but very dangerous road with atleast two-three accidents a week.

I got your location, I am living very near to you

Hope you might seen my punto in vandalur kelambakkam road. all my neighbours usually say mine is only Fiat always going in this area. (mambakkam ) that too with Red mirror caps.
    Dhans
    Fiat Punto 1.3 Emotion BNW 'Absolute' -2012
    Fiat Palio S10 - The Rare Legend -2002
    -------------------------------------------------
    Fiat Palio 1.2 ELX Silver Frost -2002 (sold)
    Fiat Palio 1.2 ELPS Silver Frost-2001 (sold to a friend)
    Bajaj Pulsar 150 DTS-i -2005 (Sold to a friend)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to dhans4all For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Prabhukarthik,

I studied in tagore college a decade back. I have countless accident on that strech right from my college days.

Bikers in that area are mostly locals and they think driving a splendour is a race bike that too with 4-5 people on it.

I have seen a accident right in front of my eyes in the same strech where 4guys in a TVS centra were speeding trying to overtake a lorry and hit head on with a van. All 4 spot dead.

Most insane roads according to me because of the bends and menatlly ill local crap guys.
    2011 BNW PUNTO MJD Active aka RUSTY

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bharathj85 For This Useful Post: