Thread: 2014:- Face lifted Ford Fiesta Test Drive Report

Midnapore (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P), India.
    Thanks

2014:- Face lifted Ford Fiesta Test Drive Report

Thanks to Vibrant Ford, Khairatabad (Hyderabad):- Providing me TD car for City Drive.
    Thanks to Fortune Ford, Tolichowki (Hyderabad):- Providing me TD car for Highway Drive.

Ford has face lifted their Fiesta, which was launched 2011 globally, based on Ford Fiesta Hatch.
    Ford has provided same 1.5 advanced duratoque TDCI motor which produces 91 PS and 204NM torque.

Looks:-

Now Face lifted Fiesta is simply awesome from front & side styling. Rear looks less bulky now, but almost same as earlier version (doesn?t look awkward as earlier version). Inspired from Aston Martin front bumper & bonnet looks fabulous. Side profile of the car is good with simple lines.

Drive:-

Drive is same as earlier version, no difference. Relaxed driving from bottom to top speed. Nearly Zero turbo lag to drive in city and flat out torque in RPM band doesn?t make the engine strained. Ride & handling are per with Linea (with High GC). It is one of the best driver?s car in C segment.
    25.1 claimed mileage might be on paper (may be 60-70KMPH with CC). I can say it is per with Linea?s mileage. With same road in highway I clocked in TJET (8.5-9.5 KMPL with high speed driving), same speed I got in fiesta as 11.9. Including City it finally reached 12.9.
    City driving:- expect :- 16-18 KMPL depend on Driving.
    Highway:- It will vary from 12-20 ( you may get 23-25 with 60-70 Speed with CC).

Features:-

Fiesta is feature rich car with ABS/EBD, 2 Airbag, electrically foldable outside rear view mirror. Reverse parking sensor. Start-stop, keyless entry, auto headlamp, rain sensing wipers, ambient lightning ,Cruise control as other features from normal one. Microsoft Sync working like gem, Music system quality is very good, no need to change speaker or any. Interior looks premium & fit-finish is very good with 2 tone colour, Black & gray combination looks good too.

Negative Point In Fiesta:-

With Most of the Positive Fiesta lacks with lots of goodies.

1.Biggest one is no Rear AC. How much it makes difference Ford to accommodate this. Big Blunder.
    2.No ARM rest in Front, Negligence from Ford.
    3. Rear space area. Though leg room is better, Rear seat is very small. It can accommodate 2 passengers in back seat. 3rd passenger with adjusting also really tough. Ex:- We can fit 3 in rear of punto/linea easily ( 4th passenger with adjusting), But in Fiesta it is 2 ( 3rd is very tough with adjusting too).

Overall:-

With Cheapest price Fiesta is good overall package for City + Highway driving. Except above negative I don?t see any other. Hope this time Ford will be able to see success for this good & worthy car for Drivers.

Most liked view( from My side):-

Name:  FF-1a.JPG
Views: 0
Size:  101.1 KB

Name:  FF-1.JPG
Size:  59.2 KB

Name:  FF-2.JPG
Size:  75.4 KB

Name:  FF-3.JPG
Size:  55.6 KB

Name:  FF-4.JPG
Size:  63.5 KB

Name:  FF-5.JPG
Size:  63.5 KB

Name:  FF-6.JPG
Size:  48.6 KB

Name:  FF-7.JPG
Size:  79.3 KB

Name:  FF-8.JPG
Size:  81.1 KB

Name:  FF-9.JPG
Size:  67.7 KB

Name:  FF-10.JPG
Size:  68.0 KB

Name:  FF-11.JPG
Size:  82.7 KB

Name:  FF-12.JPG
Size:  62.5 KB

Name:  FF-13.JPG
Size:  66.3 KB
    Last edited by Suman Bose; 06-22-2014 at 04:08 PM. Reason: Photo added
    Thanks
    Suman.
    Keep Smiling always. Drive safely. Spray smile to others and and pray to see it on others face.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Suman Bose For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Re: 2014:- Face lifted Ford Fiesta Test Drive Report

Looks like even the base variant of fiesta has air bags and ABS. Pricing is a killer. I have started liking the looks of this car, especially the blue shade. Good move by ford.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,301 Times in 721 Posts

Good review and It seems ABS & Airbags are standard across all varients.

looks are subjective and for me it looks like a dead Fish ( especially piranha?). Interior is too gizmo, bling bling factor i never liked but it might be liked by many. This time ford has done decently with the pricing.

lets see how this one sells as previous version of fiesta has no takers just coz of its look and pricing.
    Dhans
    Fiat Punto 1.3 Emotion BNW 'Absolute' -2012
    Fiat Palio S10 - The Rare Legend -2002
    -------------------------------------------------
    Fiat Palio 1.2 ELX Silver Frost -2002 (sold)
    Fiat Palio 1.2 ELPS Silver Frost-2001 (sold to a friend)
    Bajaj Pulsar 150 DTS-i -2005 (Sold to a friend)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to dhans4all For This Useful Post:

Respected Member
    Thanks

though i dont like the looks of this car from any angle, the pricing seems to be brilliant.

waiting to see the price of spares for this fiesta, knowing Ford's strategies.

if there are no FIATs sold in india, i would still go for the Ford Classic(old fiesta) than any any of these zoombie-looking four wheelers being launched by Ford recently..

Kawasaki Ninja 650R - 2011
    Grande Punto 1.3 - 2013 | Exotic Red | 60000 kms | Lost to Chennai Floods
    FIAT Palio GTX - 2001 (from Aug 2010) | Silver Frost | Sold
    Alto K10 - Sep 2011 | White | mile muncher | 24k+ kms - sold
    RE TBTS - May 2009 | Black | Commute and Highway rider

Love for MY FIAT | Envy owners of Classics | Admiration for every FIAT on road

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Brahadeesh For This Useful Post: