Thread: Hardships of Fiat owners from Assam after the Tata-Fiat breakup

Thanks

Hardships of Fiat owners from Assam after the Tata-Fiat breakup

Dear All,

The Tata-Fiat split in sales and services has brought a lot of joy to Fiat owners from across the country. However, the scenario is completely different here in Assam. After the split, Assam received a solitary dealership/service center (Green Valley Fiat, Guwahati). However, in a few months of operation, that dealership has shut shop, leaving current owners at the mercy of local garages. Currently, there is not even a single dealership/service center in Assam and it would be an understatement if I mention that owners here are suffering. Whenever a feedback is posted on Fiat FB page or through mail, I get the same infuriating automated response.

Fiat network team is in process of opening new exclusive dealerships in your mentioned area as well all over India. Within short time we will get the new dealerships. We will inform you accordingly via mail and news media.

What's worse, inspite of repeated requests, Fiat India refuses to even organize service camps to counter the situation. I have had many severe issues with the car in the past 2 years. These issues made me confine my car to the garage for the best part of two years. Repeated escalations to Fiat India and even those with copies to Mangesh Kodalkar didn't work. Some of these issues have been resolved by a local mechanic but many others still remain. The result is that, in 3+ years of ownership, I could only drive my car for 14616 kms. The car is now in drivable state thanks to that local mechanic. There is no point trying to sell the car off as there will be no takers. Some have managed to sell off theirs at throwaway prices.
    In the future, I don't see Fiat coming up with more than a single dealership here in Assam. I am perplexed at how that will cover a state consisting of 27 districts.

The idea behind all this rant is to document all this across forums and on social media, as other Fiat owners from Assam haven't been very vocal about this issue. Nothing will hit Fiat hard as much as negative publicity.
    Last edited by riturajsharma19; 08-04-2014 at 12:10 PM.
    Rituraj

Super Admin
    Thanks

Re: Hardships of Fiat owners from Assam after the Tata-Fiat breakup

Dear Ritu raj ji,

Sorry for hearing the same and the experience yes shall be really tough due to non assistance of any dealer,

Let me just loop you with the concerned team of Fiat who is responsible for dealer development,

In case you need any support with respect to any part - we shall be happy to help you out in the interim,

Thanks & Regards
    Anupam
    The ball is made to roll when the world has withdrawn the desire & above all the will - that's about the torchbearer known as me

3. The Following User Says Thank You to anupam For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Re: Hardships of Fiat owners from Assam after the Tata-Fiat breakup

Here is an update to the situation. I received a call from Fiat India informing that a new dealer (Mahesh Fiat, Guwahati) will be activated by August-end. They have assured that all issues with my car will be addressed. However, that dealership will be located 320kms from my place and I am not sure how a solitary dealer will cover an entire state consisting of 27 districts. Nevertheless, one is better than none . Hopefully, they don't pack their bags and run off like the earlier one did.
    Rituraj

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to riturajsharma19 For This Useful Post: