Warning: Illegal string offset 'name' in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 6845
Introduction From a fellow Fiat Enthusiast..........
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Introduction From a fellow Fiat Enthusiast..........

Thanks

Introduction From a fellow Fiat Enthusiast..........

Hello everyone,

I am k.Karthik from Vijayawada, but presently staying 130kms from there at a place called Aswaraopet a small beautiful village which is hardly 2 kms across. Its near this scenic place in Andhra called Pappi kondalu or most of you should be familiar with the famous temple town of Badrachalam.

I became a Fiat fan when I first drove my uncles 118NE back in 1996 and it was such a wonderful experience compared to the Amby my dad had back then,thats my first experience with a Fiat.

I was more of bike kind of person till I got married some ten years back, I am a Happy owner of a 1970 Jawa, 1984 Bullet, 2000 Chetak and a recent Suzuki Access. My first bike though was an Yezdi that my father had when we were children, but he sold it off by the time we reached 8th class as he dint want us to use the bike stating it to be too heavy for our age and bought a vespa instead( which is another wonderful scooter) and my ride when I was in college, later after I left college and initial days of working bought an Yezdi Monarch in 1998 everyone thought I was crazy for buying that bike, but no matter what the others thought I had a lovely association with the yezdi and rode it right across AP I never took public transport, its was yezdi and me no matter where we went and never once was I stranded or had any hiccups. After that I upgraded to the Bullet & later added the Jawa and Chetak to my rides.

I only thought of cars after my first daughter in 2008, and picked up a Matiz from my uncle which was very sparingly used, i still use the same car with 57k on the odo and I feel its one of the best cars that were ever manufactured. Recently I was looking for an upgrade to a sedan and wanted to buy an used AVEO 2009 model for 2.2lks but for some reason it dint go thru and I thats when I started looking for a viable option with in my stipulated budget.

I went thru Team Bhp initially and I came to understand that here its all about FE, spares cost and resale...., and when I started looking for the best cars that were introduced in India it always brought up Fiat cars and the reason for them not being high sellers was because of the above reasons and bad dealer network, surfing through the threads I came upon S10 reviews and restorations and simply loved the car, the color the interiors, the alloys, the engine specs etc etc..... and it being a limited edition very hard to find.

Now I wanted to buy a palio which was in a pretty good condition and was able to close in on a few but none of the deals went thru due to various reasons like the owners pulling back at the last moment and some cars which were very badly maintained....... BUT the search is still on......... AND BY THE WAY missed out on a PETRA as well. But I have still not given up and recently there was an add on olx for an S10 in hyderbad, I went to test drive the car. its was a very badly abused car the owner had no idea that he was having a very special car. I loved the car even though it was in such a bad shape, the owner was expecting a huge price for the condition it was in and I gave him a decent offer and backed off.

So my search is still on and hope and wish to post a thread as a proud palio owner very soon. Your help and advice would mean a lot to me. And by the way I dont see any one in Andhra Pradesh on MFW maybe I would be the first one, and by the way my resolve for a FIAT has gone up as I found a Father and son duo who work exclusively on FIATS, Matizs and Corsa's in Vijayawada. I have been to their work shop and found a few interesting palios(which were not for sale though)

I am glad that my search for a car has landed me on such a wonderful platform called MFW.
    Looking forward to a long association with all the like minded people.

ALSO LIKE TO MENTION THAT NO ONE IS HAPPY WITH MY DECISION TO BUY A FIAT..... but what to say "To HE.. with them"

Regards,

Karthik.k

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chandaonline For This Useful Post:

Super Admin
    Thanks

Re: Introduction From a fellow Fiat Enthusiast..........

Dear Karthik,

Welcome to Myfiatworld.in,

A place for all Fiat Enthusiast,

Well nothing to worry about when it comes to Fiat's,we would surely you to get one S10,

To share with you restoration thread of my S10

http://www.myfiatworld.in/showthread...IATWORLD/page5

Also would request you to share the pictures Pappi kondalu and your photography,

Well we have members in AP and i am sure that they would love to welcome you,

Thanks & Regards
    Anupam
    The ball is made to roll when the world has withdrawn the desire & above all the will - that's about the torchbearer known as me

4. The Following User Says Thank You to anupam For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Hi Karthik,

Welcome abroad man...
    Recently i bought a Palio Stile 1.6, and its a pleasure to drive..
    Hope you will get your ride soon...

Thanks
    Vipin

6. The Following User Says Thank You to VJDS For This Useful Post:

Thanks

8. The Following User Says Thank You to murugusec For This Useful Post:

Respected Member
    Thanks

welcome to MFW, karthik..

Kawasaki Ninja 650R - 2011
    Grande Punto 1.3 - 2013 | Exotic Red | 60000 kms | Lost to Chennai Floods
    FIAT Palio GTX - 2001 (from Aug 2010) | Silver Frost | Sold
    Alto K10 - Sep 2011 | White | mile muncher | 24k+ kms - sold
    RE TBTS - May 2009 | Black | Commute and Highway rider

Love for MY FIAT | Envy owners of Classics | Admiration for every FIAT on road

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Brahadeesh For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Welcome to MFW, Karthik.

An enviable collection of bikes you have. Given that your looking out for an Palio S10/GTX your going to make quite a few members in this forum go green with envy! Better get that lime and mirchi ready

Just kidding and good luck with your search for a Palio.

When you look at the tacho rather than the speedo you know your having fun!!!
    Linea T Jet | Punto MJD | Leh 2014

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Flywheel For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thank you all for the welcome, will post the pictures soon.

Thanks

Nice intro chandaonline. Am from Rajahmundry /Guntur. Mr. Somu Prop., Popular Auto Serv., Kakinada, will be of help. His number is 9848222449. He is a fiat authorized service provider. He mentioned few palios were there for sale. Kindly check with him.
    nbvcrao

Thanks
    Thanked 1,301 Times in 721 Posts

Welcome to MFW karthik

thats a nice Intro and the Yezdi caught my attention. No wonder why you started like S10. We will help you find a Good Palio S10 or GTX however please let us know your budget and also your restoration plan.

you can find a car for about 80-100K but you might need to spend about 1-2L to bring it on. If you are ready to go ahead then lets search for one.
    Dhans
    Fiat Punto 1.3 Emotion BNW 'Absolute' -2012
    Fiat Palio S10 - The Rare Legend -2002
    -------------------------------------------------
    Fiat Palio 1.2 ELX Silver Frost -2002 (sold)
    Fiat Palio 1.2 ELPS Silver Frost-2001 (sold to a friend)
    Bajaj Pulsar 150 DTS-i -2005 (Sold to a friend)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nbvcrao View Post
    Nice intro chandaonline. Am from Rajahmundry /Guntur. Mr. Somu Prop., Popular Auto Serv., Kakinada, will be of help. His number is 9848222449. He is a fiat authorized service provider. He mentioned few palios were there for sale. Kindly check with him.
    nbvcrao
    Thank a lot for the information, I will contact Mr.somu if I need any info or help. Nice to know that there is someone so close to where I stay who is a fiat enthusiast.

- - - - - Updated - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dhans4all View Post
    Welcome to MFW karthik

thats a nice Intro and the Yezdi caught my attention. No wonder why you started like S10. We will help you find a Good Palio S10 or GTX however please let us know your budget and also your restoration plan.

you can find a car for about 80-100K but you might need to spend about 1-2L to bring it on. If you are ready to go ahead then lets search for one.
    Thank you for that I am on the look out and am confident of finding a decent condition car will update all once I lay my hands on one and I really appreciate your proactive help on this, and by the way I took have relatives in karur.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast