Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Search for a 1.9D came to an end with a Petra BB

Thanks

Re: My Search for a 1.9D came to an end with a Petra BB

Quote Originally Posted by MN View Post
    Dear Anand,

I wish you had consulted the forum & its members before going ahead with giving you car for so many repairs etc. If the workshop where you left your car hasn't started painting then you can actually ask him to stop the work and tell him you will get back to him later. Better take the car to other place as suggested by Syed and enquire there also. If you can save some good money that will help you in other areas. But if you really have to go ahead in the same place then make sure they really do a very good job as you are paying so much.

Syed has been time and again cautioning Bangalore members about some workshops & mechanics whom to avoid and whom to visit due to their integrity.

Before going all over board & telling you are ready to spend 1 Lakh on the car, first of all please do a due diligence whether such a cost of spending is required. If you really want to do it then go for the best and in a phased manner. It will also help you with cash flow and you can pace it slowly.

Please understand that this Petra is a very sparingly used & well maintained car by its previous owner according to your initial observations you had shared which doesn't require any major repairs etc. So go slow on that and only change what really needs to be changed if the wear & tear parts have been worn out, brake pads, brake shows, lower arms, strut mount bearings, rubber belts that have aged and might need replacement, spark plugs, battery, tyres etc. I am just giving few.

Be in touch with Syed Bhai and he will help you. He has now shared with you few useful details of people and shops which you can visit & explore their products & solutions.

We all are very happy for you here. Have a wonderful day.
    Hi MN Sir

Sorry for late reply, was on a business trip.
    Thank you very much for your precious and experienced advice, i should have contacted forum before giving it to repairs.In spending 1 lac i meant not only repairs, thats along with Hella 700FF, A decent ICE, Floor mats, Sill plates ( unable to source originals till now ), monograms, detailing.. Am doing that in a very slow pace as i don't want to take a wrong decision once again.I went to Hariprasads as they were very reputed and famous only for doing FIATS but heard about their fading reputation after handing over the car.

Thanks Syed Ji, took your advice and contacted Mr.Rajender of Konark car accessories Jayanagar the same day.He turned out to be a very decent and helpful person, he spent more than an hour after his business hours in discussing the needful accessories to Petra.Am very much impressed and surely will drive the car directly to his shop once its out of garage.Though i opted for a high end ICE he smoothly suggested for a cheaper and better one...How often do u see a business person do that? Have to contact Mr.Imdad regarding autocop installation.But heard a lot of negative feedback about autocop installations in Palio / Petra.Please advice.

Regards
    Anand

- - - - - Updated - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kirans View Post
    Congratulations sir. Wow! And please post some pictures sir of the original as you obtained it from the previous owner. I loved the Petra, but never had the opportunity to own one.

Kind Regards,
    Kiran
    Thanks Kiran, will definitely post pics by the end of the day.

Regards
    Anand
    Last edited by Anandeco; 07-14-2015 at 01:40 PM.
    Love Fiat, Live Fiat.

Fiat Petra D Elx 2004 ( Bought Used )
    Fiat Palio nv 2002
    HH Splendor 2002
    Bajaj Pulsar 150 ES 2006 ( Sold )
    Chevrolet Tavera LS 2.5 2007
    ICML Rhino Rx 2008 ( Bought Used )
    TVS Flame 125 DS 2010
    Tata Nano cx 2011 ( Sold )

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Anandeco For This Useful Post:

MN

Thanks

Hi Anand,

Dont worry about the autocop, if done properly without slicing wires unnecessarily it will be alright. I got it done on my Advy recently from Imdad his person is really knowledgeable and know exactly how to it properly.
    Rajender of Konark is really a genuine guy, we call him Guruji.
    Regards,
    Syed

Fiat Adventure Sports 1.6

Ownership Thread: http://www.myfiatworld.in/showthread...trol-Adventure

4. The Following User Says Thank You to syed For This Useful Post:

MN

Thanks
    Thanked 1,395 Times in 714 Posts

Hey Anand,

Still hiding the photographs huh? Not wanting to show the black beauty which we all are so eager to see

No problems Anand, whatever you do you will do well, only consult, we also have some good knowledgeable guys here for ICE too. Vivek Rajput in Delhi is one of them who has experimented a lot of with ICE set up and can share some Gyan on Head Unit & Speaker set up etc. Just suggesting.

I am not an expert if you consult me I will do this
    Love My Passion MYFIATWORLD - Warm Regards, MN - Mahesh Natarajan

Thanks

Hi All

Sorry for not being active for 8months, it has been a very different and hard time due to some medical emergency at home.

Coming back to the updating process of my Black Beauty ( BB ), after getting both bumpers painted, wiper blades changed, Fuel tank lid cover replaced, regular service, wheel alignment and balancing, Few electrical issues, a/c service, Speedometer issue, monograms refitted and few more works from Hariprasad Garage i had paid him 29000/- and left the garage with BB after 20 days and was looking for a beautician as mechanical is taken care of.

First of all i should thank Mr.Syed for his help in recommending me to Konark accessories Rajender.He really had been of great help and of good knowledge, surely a genuine person and a good friend now.

Though Mr.Rajender had advised me against installing Hella lamps for BB as it is a hectic process of fitting anglers from inside engine bay and lot of chance for theft as i have no parking space at home and had to park 100m away.

I decided to take the risk and Mr.Rajender recommended one Mr.Babu at Wilson garden for making anglers and made me clear that he does the job perfect and his charges are too high.Same day i met Mr.Babu for the job and he clearly is a informed person, he asked me to get the car next day morning by 10 a.m and any late should happen he will devout to other job as he clearly takes up only one job per day.He made me clear that the charges would be 3000/- for anglers and setting Hella lamps on them.

Next day I made it by 10 a.m to the garage and the work started.I was clearly amused by the perfection of Mr.Babu with taking clear dimensions of the auxiliary lamps and how perfectly he made the anglers from inside the engine bay without even a small vibration of the anglers when fitted.It took him 5 hours and a lunch break made it 4:30 p.m.,In the mean time i came to know that he used to work on Rally cars and even participated in some 20 years ago.Many of his customers came while he was at work and we're talking in detail about Ee-mapping, tyre size upgrading, 4*4 jargons which is a clear bouncer to me but made me satisfactory for my choice.

I thanked Mr.Babu for the perfect work and left to meet Rajender at Konark accessories for further cosmetics shopping for BB.I had removed the old stock Kenwood and installed a Pioneer DVD ICE with Bluetooth and 2 coaxial speakers, was about to install a Amplifier and woofer when Mr.Rajender voted against it as I am not a much of music lover and saw it as a waste of 20k.I got convinced and decided against it.I further went for chrome lining, new floor mats, ordered a 6 inch Kurlon cushion for driving seat, changed few bulbs, cabin bulbs to LED and headlight bulbs to Philips x-treme vision, some car shampoo and dash board polish.That made a total billing of 35k along with Hella lamps.I left home with BB after almost a month of buying it to show it to my wife n kid who were thinking I had been pocessed :-).

To be continued ..

P.S : I have taken photograph of each step of this upgradation but unfortunately days after my mobile had a problem and all data was erased though am sure that i may get them all in my cloud backup once am back in Blr in few days.

Thanks

Sent from my HTC One ME dual sim using Tapatalk
    Love Fiat, Live Fiat.

Fiat Petra D Elx 2004 ( Bought Used )
    Fiat Palio nv 2002
    HH Splendor 2002
    Bajaj Pulsar 150 ES 2006 ( Sold )
    Chevrolet Tavera LS 2.5 2007
    ICML Rhino Rx 2008 ( Bought Used )
    TVS Flame 125 DS 2010
    Tata Nano cx 2011 ( Sold )