Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need Guidance for engine overhaul Adventure 1.6

Thanks

Re: Need Guidance for engine overhaul Adventure 1.6

Hi MN sir,

I am using normal petrol. I am not facing any issue such as overheating or low mileage but there is drop in pickup.
    Knocking sound is different it is similar to knocking of car when driver in lower gear instead of gear higher gear. But after 3-4 sec it vanishes. Recently I changed transmission oil in order to check wheather any problem exist with gear box. But no change apears after oil change.

Rahul T

Rahul T

Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 712 Posts

Dear Rahulji,

When was the timing belt & Idler & Tensioner Bearings changed?

Have you in recent times done any pollution check if not kindly get it done and see the parameters.

I am suspecting your Knock Sensor, a new one will cost you around Rs.1700/-.

By any chance have you got anytime a check engine light coming ON?

The symptoms of a failing knock sensor will include an engine misfire when trying to start the engine or even vibrating and shaking too.

You will notice and see strong exhaust fumes which gives off a burning smell in the car.

The worse symptoms will involve jerking, hesitating or dragging while in motion.
    Love My Passion MYFIATWORLD - Warm Regards, MN - Mahesh Natarajan

Thanks

Hi MN Sir,

PUC parameters are ok. i.e , it is under limit.

Except idler pulley,the timing belt & tensioner brg are new. At that time I was unable to source the idler pulley so it is old one.

I have never observe a misfire or heavy fumes on my car. Everytime my car starts in single turn of the key.
    But during my last trip there was a low engine oil alarm on the dash board. The moment I saw the light I topup the oil. After that I have driven more than 700 km. The knocking sound is not continuous it occurs occasionaly & last for 3-4 sec & it is obseved during accleration period only.

Rahul

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12