Thread: Substitute for Fiat Palio Tyre : 165/80-R13 Tube+Tyre

Respected Member
    Thanks

Substitute for Fiat Palio Tyre : 165/80-R13 Tube+Tyre

Dear friend,
    I seek your valuable guidance for the Tyre selection for my Palio.
    The car is Fiat Palio 1.2 nv petrol and its Tyre specification is: 165/80-R13 Tube+Tyre.
    This type of tyres are presently non running nowadays and so unavailability is the main issue. Only Bridgestone is making this size (which is S248 / 83S type) and being a non-running item, it remains almost unavailable in India.

Please guide me for the substitute size without compromising any factor with that for officially specified size and type.
    Thanks.
    Navin Talati

Thanks

Re: Substitute for Fiat Palio Tyre : 165/80-R13 Tube+Tyre

Hi Navin

I would recommend to use the same Bridgestone tyre which is available online also if not available in your city. You can order from Amazon as well. Do not go for any other size as it would hamper the car performance. I had good experience with Bridgestone S248 on my Palio 1.2. Many local dealers will suggest other sizes and options and will not show much interest.

You can order online and get it fitted at a good local tyre shop.

Thanks
    Sam

Thanks
    Thanked 1,093 Times in 497 Posts

Re: Substitute for Fiat Palio Tyre : 165/80-R13 Tube+Tyre

Quote Originally Posted by Navin Talati View Post
    Dear friend,
    I seek your valuable guidance for the Tyre selection for my Palio.
    The car is Fiat Palio 1.2 nv petrol and its Tyre specification is: 165/80-R13 Tube+Tyre.
    This type of tyres are presently non running nowadays and so unavailability is the main issue. Only Bridgestone is making this size (which is S248 / 83S type) and being a non-running item, it remains almost unavailable in India.

Please guide me for the substitute size without compromising any factor with that for officially specified size and type.
    Thanks.
    Navin Talati
    175/70R13 is an option. I was using this size in the 1.2. This size was the perfect update and the speedo error was also resolved in this.
    Another option is to upgrade to 14" rims. See if you can get the Punto 14" rims. This would give better ride quality too.
    Anandh

1960 FIAT Select | 1962 FIAT Super Select | 1964 Ambassador | 2003 FIAT Palio S10 |2011 FIAT Linea 1.3 E+ | 2015 FIAT Linea Dynamic