Thread: Hellllllllllllllllllllooooooooooooooooooooo - anyone here?

Thanks

Hellllllllllllllllllllooooooooooooooooooooo - anyone here?

This forum is dying.

What is the matter with you people?

You have a promising platform. This forum could be a brilliant source of information. What is holding you guys back to post?

I know what holds me back from posting more. The forum front page is very uninviting to start new threads. It looks like hard work to go into it and even worse, it looks like nothing is there. This puts people off subconsciously.

Admin, you have to change this if you want the site to survive. Showing the categories only looks uninspiring. Make the forums visible.

Thanks
    Drifter,

Certainly the forum is alive and will be alive for ever.

I also second your opinion on the forum homepage. It really looks blank as if no activity is happening. I hope the moderators will revamp it very soon. Thanks!
    Cheers,
    Manikandan

Royal Enfield STD 350 Deluxe | Registered On: Apr 2000 | ODO - 42K

Fiat Palio 1.2 NV Sport - Ferrari Red | Registered On: Nov 2004 | ODO - 70K

Leave Sooner, Drive Slower, Live Longer.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,395 Times in 714 Posts
    Dear Drifter,

Sincere thanks for your feedback on the front page & the layout structure etc. You will surely soon see a definate change in the look & feel. After all what was done earlier was just a start and now that we have consolidated in the last 2 months and have a good membership base this site will be a long distance runner.

Slow & Steady WINS the race.

This site www.myfiatworld.in has been made by the complete contributions from PUG members for the PUG members themselves and it will be here to stay for long time.

This site is now an amalgamation of all make & brands of FIAT cars and we have the Oldest Humble Millecento, the ever beauty Premier Padmini, the Tank Palio, the Elegant Grande Punto and the Latest Stylish Linea and more to come.

For sure in the coming days more & more users will post more valuable posts and share their experiences. We have a complete range of FIAT model cars now in the stable all pure through breed FIATs.

I now sincerely invite all registered members to post their updates, feedbacks & experiences etc so that it will be more interesting for every one.

Drifter your valuable feedback is taken in the right spirit and you will surely see some major changes happening for sure to make the site much more attractive and we will make the user participation more & more interesting.

The forum members are working towards making the ownership of the FIAT cars of the fellow members as far as possible trouble free by understanding their areas of concern and certain initiatives towards this are being worked wrt to spare parts, service etc.

We also have planned a Same City, Same Date Meet Across India on 24th June (Sunday) in all leading cities Bangalore, Pune, Mumbai, Chennai, Coimbatore, Hyderabad, Trivandrum, Cochin, Goa, Delhi-NCR-Gurgaon, Chandigarh and other metro cities wherever we have our members.

We have started getting confirmations from members and cities have opened seperate threads.

A mail is sent to all members about this meet and it will be a FIAT users meet across India. I am sure a group meet is what is now required for all members.

It will be really awesome to see so many FIATs of different makes & models starting and assembling in one single place and driving out towards the destination and returning back. It will be a wonderful sight to see like it has always been in so many meets we all had together.

The photos will surely ignite more passion and bring out nice experiences that will be shared by all members across their own cities.
    Love My Passion MYFIATWORLD - Warm Regards, MN - Mahesh Natarajan

Thanks
    @ MN - I appreciate that you do a lot of work. I have started and run a number of forums and well know what it means. It isn't anything other than constructive criticism I am coming with. Being a seasoned performance tuning engineer and an automotive consultant, I usually speak my mind for the benefit of the issue.

My worry is that the initial interest in the site could stall as it looks too static and empty. This puts people off.

My advice is to not trying to make the site perfect, but more appealing from the forums point of view. Improving a site is always perceived in a positive manner. Delaying the essentials leads to losing interest.

I had the shittiest website in terms of looks for my own products, but I have improved where necessary. I am still in business. A lot of competitors threw a lot of money at their sites trying to make them perfect. They are gone. I am still in business.

Just change the front page, making the forums visible in the categories and then worry about other improvements later.

Thanks

Say what now...

Quote Originally Posted by Drifter View Post
    This forum is dying.

What is the matter with you people?

You have a promising platform. This forum could be a brilliant source of information. What is holding you guys back to post?

I know what holds me back from posting more. The forum front page is very uninviting to start new threads. It looks like hard work to go into it and even worse, it looks like nothing is there. This puts people off subconsciously.

Admin, you have to change this if you want the site to survive. Showing the categories only looks uninspiring. Make the forums visible.

Hi Pete ,

I dont think there's anyone dying in here in all fairness most of us are still trying to
    figure what's - what and personally there's light at the end of the tunnel.

@About the site : Its nowhere close to Microsoft's WUSI-WUG - "What you see is WHAT YOU GET"
    However subconsciously or consciously, mentally , emotionally i dont think it should stop/prevent/ hinder
    anyone from not posting new threads into the forum.

Some tweaks are there to be made and thats a given!

Having said that i am in agreement with you , making the forum abit more simplified / compressed
    for any-one guests/members to reply/locate/search posts effortlessly on this site as well as
    on a cellular device.

@ MN : I sincerely give you regards to listening to all of us out here and I believe in going slow rather than
    going all the way WRONG.

Cheers
    TND
    Last edited by torquey_tnd; 06-12-2012 at 10:40 PM. Reason: typos /additions to post
    The Stig's Indian Cousin !!!
    ROYAL ENFIELD - FIAT - YAMAHA

Thanks
    Thanked 1,395 Times in 714 Posts
    Dear Tarak,

Thanks for the understanding & your comments "There is Always Light at the end of the Tunnel"

When a child is born it is not at its best, it crawls, it doesnt talk, it crys, it doesnt look perfect, it is completely helpless, it needs all your attention, care & help to even do basic functions and the parents expect to bring out the best out of their child over a period of time and similarly nothing is perfect in life with us to wrt to this forum too.

What ever shortfalls are there can be worked upon and course corrections can be done and all this will be done over a period of time.

All members have their official work and with what ever valuable free time they get everyday they visit forums like these which become meeting points for all of us to hang out and get to know each other and help each other.

Considering that on each day we all get so little time lets make the forum & posts more interesting for all to read & enjoy.

Let our strength be in " One for All, All for One" and lets all work together for the good of the forum.

It is just a new born forum and isint perfect in anyway and over a period of time we all together can work to bring in that perfectness what we all seek in this forum by performing that fine tuning.

Any barren land can be cultivated & made lush green and thats what we will do with this forum too with the participation from all members.

Remember no one is perfect in all the fields and GOD has ensured it that way so that we all have to try to learn & understand our own strengths & weakness and work on our weakness.

Each member has got a great strength within himself / herself and thats why they say TEAM work WORKS and collective Strength of all will be a formidable force rather than individual strengths. TEAM means - Together Each Achieves More.

Some members are too good with their technical feedbacks, some team members are too good with arranging meets, some are too good with PR.

It will take time and wounds will heal over a period of time and after many moons we will surely see a sea of change and cool breeze will start blowing and then on it will be smooth sailing.
    Love My Passion MYFIATWORLD - Warm Regards, MN - Mahesh Natarajan

Thanks
    The last sentence reminds me of a (then adult) joke I heard in my teens .
    Two bulls walking in an enclosure sees some healthy cows in a nearby enclosure . The younger one says 'let's jump over and do a couple of them' . The older bull says 'no, let's walk over and do the whole lot of them!'!

While I agree with the general sentiment , I think the admins are hoping for creative suggestions . Is it OK to sent suggestions direct to the admins ?