Warning: Illegal string offset 'name' in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 6845
Corporate Tie-Up with YOKOHAMA India - Tyres - Page 2
Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Corporate Tie-Up with YOKOHAMA India - Tyres

neelayshirali
    Thanks MN,

I and Tarak are in regular touch and we have been discussing on various topics regularly, including tyres.
    He has agreed to help me out.
    I was thinking of upsizing from the OEM 175/65/R14s, but now I am thinking of retaining the profile.
    Lets see what happens.
    Will keep everyone posted.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,395 Times in 714 Posts

Subject: RE: ISI certification for YOKOHAMA Tyres

To: "Mahesh Natarajan"

Cc: "Rajeev Singh Tomar"

Date: Monday, 6 August, 2012, 11:36 AM

Dear Mahesh San,

I will be more than glad to clarify our friend Neelay Shirali’s doubt.

1. ISI is a must not only for YOKOHAMA, but as per the BIS (Bureau Of Indian Standards) regulations to all tyre manufactured OR sold in India.

2. Yes! Yokohama has obtained the ISI certification in all tyres coming into India and is as per the Indian Standards. The tyre carry the “ISI” logo on the tyres also.

3. Its not only in the metros but PAN India sales have to comply in this matter

4. My colleague will be able to give a clearer picture of the same in person if he has any further doubts or even wants to pick the tyres up in Mumbai –

My colleague in Mumbai is Mr.Rajeev Singh Tomar – T N D has his contact number & any Mumbai Member can contact T N D as I have already spoken with T N D earlier & dealt with him.

Mahesh, I would request you to foward this mail to the concerned person in the forum and help me clear the issue.

P.S: Tomar San, Kindly organise for a special rate below the YRP for Neelay as a special case.

Regards,

Mohan Uthappa.
    Love My Passion MYFIATWORLD - Warm Regards, MN - Mahesh Natarajan

Thanks
    Thanked 1,093 Times in 497 Posts
    Wonderful of Mohan to have cleared the concerns raised!
    Anandh

1960 FIAT Select | 1962 FIAT Super Select | 1964 Ambassador | 2003 FIAT Palio S10 |2011 FIAT Linea 1.3 E+ | 2015 FIAT Linea Dynamic

Thanks
    Wish I had joined mfw earlier & seen this thread. Even my upgrade plan was yokos & in fact I had paid for the Yoko ES100 model & it was billed. But after waiting for a few minutes the dealer told me that he has only 3 nos of ES 100 left with them. Finally I had to settle down with Bridgestone MY01 Sport Tourer which was costlier than ES100 as the dealer didn't have any of the Yoko model I had asked for. Dealer was one of the most popular dealer in Trivandrum.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinju View Post
    Wish I had joined mfw earlier & seen this thread. Even my upgrade plan was yokos & in fact I had paid for the Yoko ES100 model & it was billed. But after waiting for a few minutes the dealer told me that he has only 3 nos of ES 100 left with them. Finally I had to settle down with Bridgestone MY01 Sport Tourer which was costlier than ES100 as the dealer didn't have any of the Yoko model I had asked for. Dealer was one of the most popular dealer in Trivandrum.
    You could have contacted me. I would have it arranged for you through Mohan Uthappa of Yokohama.

In fact earlier I had arranged 4 tyres year before last for a friend in Kerala all the way through Coimbatore through Mohan only. Anyway since you have already purchased, all the very best. I also helped T N D to get 1 Yoko few months ago in Mumbai when he had contacted me. That was before this tie up.

JFYKI.

Thanks
    Oh yes! This set-up with immense help from Mr.Mohan and Co-ordinated approach of our Beloved MN has helped Me

Very soon we are gunnno get more # of members benefitting from the same.

There's a SPOC/Dealer in mumbai whom I am have been knowing past 2 yrs since ,

He's an authorised dealer to Yokohoma & Michelin's & happens to be my best pal.

So anyone facing tyre upsize , Alloy updates , Wheel Rotation & Balancing - He's always my go-to MAN...

Just check into this Forum - After all its all about Healthy Discounts here!

@cinju - BTW , its good you didnt pick up the ES100 - its a far older tread design and noiser.
    also being Uni-directional pattern it does not facilitate CROSS ROTATIONAL PATTERN
    However YOkohoma A-drive's & R1 are economical and offer peace of mind...

Cheers
    TND
    Last edited by torquey_tnd; 08-14-2012 at 09:24 PM. Reason: mods to post
    The Stig's Indian Cousin !!!
    ROYAL ENFIELD - FIAT - YAMAHA

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by torquey_tnd View Post
    @cinju - BTW , its good you didnt pick up the ES100 - its a far older tread design and noiser.
    also being Uni-directional pattern it does not facilitate CROSS ROTATIONAL PATTERN
    However YOkohoma A-drive's & R1 are economical and offer peace of mind...

Cheers
    TND
    I am using the ES100s on my GTX Cinju.

Mohan clearly told me not to expect any great life out of these tyres & be content & happy if I get 30000 KM life. Currently they have completed 21260 KMs.

Torquey has rightly said they are Unidirectional design. They are basically soft tyres but good ones so far they are very good at wet conditions too.

I also have used the A drives from Yokohama before. After the A Drives I changed into ES100s.

Thanks
    Thanks MN & Torque for your support & suggestion on this. Maheshji I have done this purchase before I joined mfw. Else I would have contacted you for sure. I was actually looking for C drive & as it was not in stock they showed me ES 100 & finally they didnt have a stock of that too & I ended up in buying Bridgestone. But yes I am very happy with the tires I bought & I feel drastic change in ride & handling from the stock JK tornadoes I had as OEM tires. The tires are very quiet also. Cant compare with yokos as I dont have any previous exp with those.

Thanks
    Hi
    As usual (for me ) , a last minute dash to board the train before it hits 40 kmph - .
    I'm in urgent need of tire replacement for my Palio GTX 1.6 . I've not short listed any brand but would like to see Yoko-s on the steed if the corporate offer is good enough . I'm not thinking about changing the profile right now . Any suggestions in 24 hours are welcome . . .
    MN, you have mail ! Please do the needful and make me a happy man !!

Arun
    1.6 GTX

Thanks
    Dear Arun,

Any suggestions in 24 hours are welcome here you get it in less than 4 hours! You posted at 1.23 PM and here is your reply at 3.18 PM. Thank Mohan not me

Here is the mail reply from my good friend Mohan Uthappa in response to your mail I had sent to him & requested him to respond ASAP.

All the best Arun in your Tyre buying. Do share with us what model you finally purchase. Do also post nice photos of the tyres after changing them.

The price is personal to you only what you will get from Mohan's colleague whom you will be contacting.

Kind Attn : Mr. Arun Chandrasekar / Mr. Mahesh Natarajan.

Sir,

Thank you for patronising YOKOHAMA, and further to your request mail below there are a few options that I would like to suggest.

· The contact person for Kerala and Karnataka is my colleague Mr. M.K. Appachu.

· You could either change it in Mysore itself or even at Kerala after speaking to Appachu.

· There is a chance of going upsize as well, if Mr. Arun is interested and this will not hamper your vehicle performance, on the contrary will improve the braking and handling of the car.

· Appachu can give you the pricing once Mr. Arun decides what tyres he wants to go in for as both the 195/60 R14 (A Drives and ES100 patterns) and 175/65 R14 (comes only in A Drives) are available.

Either of them contact each other depending on their schedule and I will also speak to Appachu right now and to give a special rate for the “Forum” member.

Please feel free to contact the undersigned incase of any doubt or clarification required.

Regards,

Mohan Uthappa

Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast