Warning: Illegal string offset 'name' in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 6845
Corporate Tie-Up with YOKOHAMA India - Tyres - Page 3
Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Corporate Tie-Up with YOKOHAMA India - Tyres

Thanks

Yokohama Tyres on My Fiat Palio Style 2008 Model...

Dear Friends,

This is my first post on MFW to tell you about my experience after changing my car Palio Stile Model 2008 tyres, after doing 48500+ kms in Kolkata from Radial Club Yokohama Exclusive Tyre shoppe.

I got 5 numbers of "Yokohama A Drive" size 175/70 R 13 on 31st July 2012, at about 20K, and I could feel the difference on the first ride, just after fitment.. The ride is awesome.. During drive I could feel the steering very light and a Wao feel on the road grip. Earlier I use to slow down on the curves just to avoid any skidding possibility but now the same turns are like cake walks. Not only me but my son and wife also felt the difference in ride quality (There must be some)..

Surprisingly I feel there is a difference in the mileage of my car...I am yet to substantiate the same but no doubt there is some increase in the fuel average.

Shall keep you posted on further findings...

MN : Please let me know when the picture uploading is possible..

Happy Motoring

Shantanu Banerjee
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks
    Thanked 1,093 Times in 497 Posts
    Welcome to MFW Shantanu. thanks for your feedback on yoko's. I'm sure this review will be helpful to all of us. We would also like to know more about you. Do post your introduction too
    Anandh

1960 FIAT Select | 1962 FIAT Super Select | 1964 Ambassador | 2003 FIAT Palio S10 |2011 FIAT Linea 1.3 E+ | 2015 FIAT Linea Dynamic

Thanks
    Thanked 1,395 Times in 714 Posts
    Congratulations Shantanu

You have the distinction of being the 1st MFW member to avail the Corporate offer from YOKOHAMA

Thanks for sharing the details & photo. I have used Yokohama A drives earlier & they were very good.
    Love My Passion MYFIATWORLD - Warm Regards, MN - Mahesh Natarajan

Thanks
    Hi all
    I have availed the Corporate offer from Yokohama and have changed 4 tires to A-drives (tubeless ) . And about time too - when I rubbed the mud off , the baldest one was shining like a soldier's boots !
    I had contacted the local dealer and he had quoted a price . But I got a lesser price offer from Mr. Appachu when I contacted him over the phone . Did the balancing and alignment from the dealer itself , but didn't get any discount on that since it was a separate operation .
    The feedback is not yet ready on the A-drives since the GTX is in repair . I will post pics when I get it back . First impression is that 30 psi makes you feel the road . I had 28-29 on my baldies and used to drive like I was diving on eggs ! It seems tire noise is also less with A-drives .
    Will post later when I have some data.

Thanx to Yokahama for entering into a tie-up with us- may they prosper as we in MFW get discounts..
    Thanx to MFW for the goodies that keeps coming in through corporate offers
    And thanx to MN for just being there ...

neelayshirali
    Dear All,

This is to inform you guys that I have changed my tyres a few days back.
    Changed from the usual Goodies GP2 to Yokohama A Drives.
    Also I shifted from the 175/65/14 profile to 185/65/14 profile.
    Tarak helped me a lot in this issue and came along with me for the tyre change at TyreX at Mulund.
    There was an issue with the alignment as one ball joint was jammed due to rust so we made a trip to Sanjeev's.
    Did 200 kms in the 2 day of ownership. The A drives are extremely comfortable and low noise. Grip and braking has improved immensely. The drive is super and as good as the ride i get from the new XM2s on my wife's honda city. The steering is a bit lighter than before.

I hear that these tyres are not good at high speeds, but i donot touch 120 kph. Also heard that they wear out faster and may last 30k, but I have done 30k in 7 yrs so no issue with that also.
    Name:  IMG_1857.jpg
Views: 163
Size:  1.62 MBName:  IMG_1859.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  1.49 MBName:  IMG_1860.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  1.78 MBName:  IMG_1862.jpg
Views: 155
Size:  1.57 MB

Thanks
    Thanked 1,093 Times in 497 Posts
    Wow Neelay, that is a very well maintained Palio! Congrats on the new tires and wishing you loads of trouble free kilometers

Seems the Yoko customer base in MFW is growing
    Anandh

1960 FIAT Select | 1962 FIAT Super Select | 1964 Ambassador | 2003 FIAT Palio S10 |2011 FIAT Linea 1.3 E+ | 2015 FIAT Linea Dynamic

neelayshirali
    Actually had done the research on tyres 1 and 1/2 year back with a friend who wanted to change on his Baleno. He is extremely satisfied with the performance and has toched 150+ on the sea link. Was thinking of C drives but am not comfortable with the restrictive rotation options.

Thanks
    Dear Neelay,

Congratulations. The Car & Tyres look awesome.

You have a great looking Red beauty there & it shows how well you care for the beauty by the way you have maintained & kept it.

Torquey Buddy thanks for helping out Neelay in getting those Yokos at TyreX.

Neelay Mohan Uthappa from Yokohama was pretty pleased today when I told him that you went for Yokos. He had replied to your query on the ISI certification.

He had left with me quite a lot of YOKOHAMA Stickers from the last meet we had in Chennai & I will send it to T N D and you all guys can use them.

You will see in my GTX I have put them in the rear 2 mirros & rear & front windshields.

Coming to YOKO A Drives, you will hear that they arent in the same league as Michelin etc but please understand that these tyres are also good for the value what we pay.

If your keep track of the wheel alignment & balancing on regular basis you will get better life out of them. My yoko A drives gave me a life of 35K and I had honestly missed a couple of alignment balancing due to my hectic driving around 3 years ago. Otherwise I am sure they should have touched above 37K minimum.

Just remember wheel alignment every 2500 KM and wheel balancing at every 5000 KM. It will cost you for this but it is worth it. These alignement balancing guys do 1 and charge & the next 1 is free, hope it is the same in Mumbai also.

I used the same A drive (on 13 inche steel rims I had then) on my GTX 1.6 & drove them all the way from Coimbatore to Indo Pakistan Border to the remote village called SAM some 50 kms away from Jaisalmer in Rajasthan way back in 2009-2010 the road trip called MISSION IMPOSSIBLE which was 17 days 6800 KM drive. Not a single puncture & tyres performed very well.

You will surely enjoy the ride on these A Drives for sure.

After the A drives I am now having Yoko ES-100s. These will last some 30K I was told as these are soft compound performance tyres.

Welcome to the special YOKOHAMA Corporate Offer Club Shanthanu Banerjee, Arun Chandrasekar, Neelay Shirali & Venkat

neelayshirali
    Thanks MN,

Wanted to post earlier but could not find a "post new thread option". Also, by the time 4 snaps were loaded the page used to time out.
    These are soft tyres. I feel the XM2 a bit more softer.
    The car just rolls great on the road. I am enjoying my drive. Also, the tyres are not jet black so i sprayed Turtle Tyre polish on it.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by neelayshirali View Post
    Thanks MN,

Wanted to post earlier but could not find a "post new thread option". Also, by the time 4 snaps were loaded the page used to time out.
    These are soft tyres. I feel the XM2 a bit more softer.
    The car just rolls great on the road. I am enjoying my drive. Also, the tyres are not jet black so i sprayed Turtle Tyre polish on it.
    Neelay,

I knew it from the gleam on the tyres but I did not ask. A gleaming tyre is always a sight for sore eyes isint it. It always is.

I used to use Gulf Tyre shiner spray earlier after a regular wash but now the can is empty

XM2 would have cost you a bomb per tyre & left you about 4K poorer on a set of 4 tyres.

Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast