Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Premier Rio with Fiat MJD engine makes a winning combination

Thanks

Premier Rio with Fiat MJD engine makes a winning combination

Premier has launched the Rio with Fiat MJD engine at a very competitive price of Rs 8 lakhs. The car is BSIV compliant, the Fiat MJD engine making it far more capable. The car, in particular, brings two erstwhile partners together. So, those who are fond of their Premier Presidents, Padminis and 118NEs have a reason to connect with Fiatians without hesitation. Hope the below link draws more Premier President, Padmini and 118NE owners to this forum. Rony Vesuna and Karthik are you listening. Dear members, looking forward to your comments and opinions.

http://www.autostationindia.com/?page_id=2161

@Tarak, hope you find this review useful. I remember you asking me about this car yesterday.

Cheers
    Dhairyasheel

Thanks
    Thanked 1,395 Times in 714 Posts
    Hi Dhairyasheel,

Thanks for posting this review. FIAT & Premier Automobile Ltd (PAL) ties are very old.

Since Maruti, Tata are already using FIAT engines, it is good that now PAL also are going to use the already proved MJD engine which now has become the national engine.

The advantage is going forward there wont be engine parts problem for MULTIJET Technology cars as there will be plenty available as all engines are the same.

This is also good to FIAT India's drive train division which has assured business from the engine sale.

Did you test drive this car & also take some photographs - can you share them please.
    Love My Passion MYFIATWORLD - Warm Regards, MN - Mahesh Natarajan

Thanks
    Yes, I had read about the usage of MJD in Rio long ago. The car as a whole, I have never seen on streets yet. If I remember correctly, Pavan Kadam was some time saying that the Rio looks like a VFM buy.

Buy the way, Padmini and NE owners already feel connected and more often refer to their cars as Fiats than Premiers

Thank you Dhairyasheel for creating this thread!

Thanks
    Someone in the neighbourhood bought a RIO Diesel. Saw it doing rounds couple of times in the evening.

The size and the shape of Rio is very similar to Maruthi Gypsy. I know its a Diesel due to its engine grunt, but have to verify if its the new Multijet or the old TUD5 engine.

let me see, if I can befriend him and get some details.
    Cheers,
    Sujit

Intro Thread : http://www.myfiatworld.in/showthread...ll-Fiatians-!!

Respected Member
    Thanks
    I had seen the Rio in the Premier Showroom near Jyothi Nivas College, Koramangala, Bangalore couple of months ago.

Unfortunately, looks like its been shut down or they are moved their showroom to some other place which I am not aware of.

The Sad part, what I had seen was - There were hardly any crowd near that showroom as well, who would look interested on the RIO
    Chetu Munna.

I am being CAR JACKED by my own CAR!!!

1985 - Vijai Super
    1989 - Premier 118NE
    2002 - Suzuki Fiero
    2010 - Fiat Palio

Thanks
    Thanked 1,395 Times in 714 Posts
    Hi Greenday,

Sometimes sins of your past life catch up with your present life.

PAL has a terrific past reputation which they cant go back to the past & erase.

In their present they havent done any great marketing as they are just beginning their innings & advertisement costs huge money so they are going by the fact that since they have the tried, tested & proven MJD plonked into their SUV they are going to do all their TOM TOM on the MJD engine by saying this is the same engine that runs in MUL & TM & FIAT

I saw a RIO about 1 month back in Bangalore on outer ring road when I had come driving my linea & i should say it looked good. I havent checked it out but then it is an individuals choice to like or not.

I am sure since they are coming in for a 2nd inning they might have done some good home work with their interiors, pricing & market strategy.
    Love My Passion MYFIATWORLD - Warm Regards, MN - Mahesh Natarajan

Thanks
    Thanked 1,093 Times in 497 Posts
    From whatever I saw in the TuD5 powered Rio, the interiors were a let down. Quality needs improvement ASAP and I'm not sure if they have improved with the MJD.
    Anandh

1960 FIAT Select | 1962 FIAT Super Select | 1964 Ambassador | 2003 FIAT Palio S10 |2011 FIAT Linea 1.3 E+ | 2015 FIAT Linea Dynamic

Respected Member
    Thanks
    ^ Hopefully, this second innings they are playing with all the home work done, helps them to sustain in this competitive world.

I strongly feel that in terms of marketing they are haven't done anything which could attract the Indian Crowd.
    Chetu Munna.

I am being CAR JACKED by my own CAR!!!

1985 - Vijai Super
    1989 - Premier 118NE
    2002 - Suzuki Fiero
    2010 - Fiat Palio

Thanks
    "I was looking for a powerful car with good mileage and drivability so to use it as a daily commuter. After a lot of research I decided to go for Premier Rio with the new Multi-Jet engine. I have bought this car and has already driven it around 500km. The car is powerful and fuel efficient as I wished, it features a 1.3 multijet engine which is finely tuned and gives ample performance, gear shift is also very smooth. The Car also looks very good and powerful, its masculine looks attracts everyone. The twin barrel headlamps look good, whereas neatly furbished fog lamps adds charm to it personality. The roof rails, side cladding, alloy wheels and body colored ORVM make its side profile impressive. The interior quality is also good, the material like plastic and fabric are good in quality. The cabin space is very good and car can accommodate five adults easily, so it becomes a perfect family car for us as we are only four members in our family. The fuel efficiency is what attracts me the most, I have a top-end diesel model which gives a mileage of around 19 km/l which is pretty good for a SUV. Its SUV like looks and off road qualities makes it an ideal tourer too, in addition the boot space is pretty good. I usually go on weekends so its a perfect car for me and my family. I am enjoying the feel of driving a SUV and mileage of a hatch or a entry level sedan, it is just a awesome feeling. I will just say if you are thinking of buying a compact SUV go for RiO."

Respected Member
    Thanks
    Thats a good intro Devendra. Thanks for sharing the info on RIO, Could you please share us the pics of RIO and welcome to the MFW.
    Best Regards,

Sathish

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast